United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Colombo, Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures implementation of programme strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP and other documents;
- Identification of areas for support and interventions within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned;
- CO business processes mapping and preparation of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Results Management.
Ensures effective management of the CO programme within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the country programme achieving the following results:
- Effective application of RBM tools, establishment of management targets (BSC) and monitoring achievement of results;
- Design and formulation of CO programme within the area of responsibility, translating UNDP’s priorities into local interventions. Coordination of programme implementation with the executing agencies. Introduction of performance indicators/ success criteria, cost recovery, targets and milestones;
- Initiation of a project, presentation of the project to PAC, entering project into Atlas ( in small offices), finalization of contribution agreement; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review. Programme Analyst can perform functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for POs and vouchers approval, participates in recruitment processes for projects;
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions. Participation in audit of NEX projects;
- Follow up on audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported.
- Aggregate reports are regularly prepared on activities, outputs and outcomes. Preparation of donor reports.
Ensures creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy in cooperation with the Policy and Management Support teams, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and donors’ priorities;
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
Ensures provision of top quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues;
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals;
- Support to development of policies and institutions that will address the country problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Environmental Science, Environmental Economics, Agriculture and Water Resource Management, Climate Science, Biology, or a related field.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=4843