UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women’s Office, based in New Delhi, India, works to accelerate the advancement of gender equality and the empowerment of women through the strengthening of strategic partnerships, technical and policy advisory services and advocacy with governmental, inter-governmental and civil society partners. In addition, UN Women CO is charged with leading and coordinating the UN system’s work on gender equality, including through ensuring accountability for results.
Reporting to the Deputy Representative, India CO, the “Consultant-Programme Analyst” contributes to the effective management of UN Women programmes in the CO by providing substantive inputs to programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. The “Consultant - Programme Analyst” guides and facilitates the delivery of UN Women programmes by monitoring results achieved during implementation and ensuring appropriate application of systems and procedures and develops enhancements if necessary. The “Consultant - Programme Analyst” works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies:
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
- Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the UN Women programme
Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget;
- Lead the implementation of programme activities;
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners:
Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities; Develop technical knowledge products
- Maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the programme;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
- Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results-based management tools;
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, programme results s, outputs and outcomes;
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports.
- Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles;
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
- Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to various thematic areas;
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, and products.
- Any other functions assigned by the Deputy Representative.
- Timely and quality substantive inputs programme strategies and activities;
- Timely and quality substantive inputs to workplans and budgets;
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances;
- Relationship with partners and stakeholders;
- Timely organization of events;
- Quality of knowledge and advocacy products;
- Monthly/weekly reporting is required.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women's studies, international development, or a related field is required
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the Programme Management is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.