Duties and Responsibilities
Provide programmatic and operational input to the development of programme strategies in the area of Women's Economic Empowerment:
- Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/project proposals and initiatives related to Women's Economic Empowerment with a specific focus on employability and entrepreneurship;
Provide technical support to the planning, management, implementation and monitoring of the UN Women component in the joint program such as the following:
- Organize annual consultations with stakeholders and target beneficiaries;
- Provide inputs to the annual work plan and budget revisions;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of programme activities;
- Conduct capacity assessment of potential implementing/responsible parties;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Prepare needed documentation for internal review committees such as the Project Appraisal Committee (PAC);
- Ensure programme components are implemented in a coherent and integrated manner by selected partners in accordance with the agreement and UNWOMEN procedures.
Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners:
- Train implementing/responsible parties on UN Women standard rules and regulations;
- Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of programme activities with partners;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and training to partners as needed.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project:
- Follow-up on programme activity, results and indicators;
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners;
- Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results and outcomes as required;
- Conduct financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of projects, identify operational and financial problems and develop solutions.
Provide technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the Women's Economic Empowerment programme:
- Monitor budget implementation and programme activity expenditures and perform budget revisions when required.
Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies:
- Provide inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts:
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to the Joint Program;
- Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, training, workshops and knowledge products;
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management production Women's Economic Empowerment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Business, Entrepreneurship, social sciences, human rights, gender/women's studies, international development, or a related field.;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 7 years of progressively responsible work experience at the national or international level;
- Technical experience in women's economic empowerment including employability, entrepreneurship and labor market assessments;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors;
- Strong concept development, presentation, and reporting skills;
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset;
- Experience in using computers and software packages (word, excel, Powerpoint).
Fluency (written and verbal) in Arabic and English.