In UN Women, the work on Action Coalitions will be carried on by a Task Team – Secretariat – which will be under the management of the Director of the PPID. Reporting to the Programme Manager/Coordinator. The Programme Analyst will provide support to the Thematic-Leads of the Action Coalitions in coordination of all work among the Action Coalitions Task Team members, in coordination of the working group meetings as well as providing internal communication support to the Co-Leads of the Action Coalitions with relevant offices within UN Women, Generation Equality Forum Secretariat, and the working group members.
Under the supervision of the Thematic Lead, Economic Justice and Rights, the Programme Analyst will give analytical and research support on key social, economic and political trends globally affecting the Subthemes of the Action Coalition, liaise with the Action Coalition’s stakeholders; directly support the Action Coalition governance structures to ensure efficiency of their operations; and support the operational aspects of managing the Action Coalition, e.g., close liaison with administration colleagues to ensure the efficient implementation of the programmatic work, communications and knowledge management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide research analysis and knowledge building support to Action Coalition:
- Gather data, research and analyze information on Coalition’s partnerships to ensure the work of the Coalition is consistently anchored in evidence and their dissemination.
- Provide research and analytical support on economic justice and rights for women and girls through the production of policy documents, factsheets, data repositories, etc.
- Draft briefing materials for Action Coalition Co-Leads and Thematic Lead on issues to be discussed Action Coalition meetings.
- Draft documentation and coordinate their finalization with the Action Coalition Secretariat.
- Disseminate information among the Leadership Structure and other relevant partners; manage an online repository of Action Coalition documents.
Provide coordination support to Action Coalitions:
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies and products on economic justice and rights for women and girls.
- Coordinate and organize events, (team) meetings and workshops for information and knowledge sharing. Take minutes of meetings as needed.
- Provide coordination support to the development of the Action Coalition’s “Blueprints and Delivery” and establishing “Action Coalitions Partnerships”.
- Coordinate team meetings, organize updates and reporting sessions by the Thematic Lead to the Action Coalition Secretariat and partners.
- Provide coordination and documentation support to Action Coalition Working Groups.
Provide operational support for the Action Coalition:
- Draft a bi-weekly update for the Action Coalition’s work for the Action Coalition Co-Leads, the UN Women Executive Leadership team (ELT) and the GEF Secretariat.
- Monitor the Action Coalition’s communications with its Leadership Structure and relevant stakeholders, keep track of responses to the inquiries; and maintain an organized filing system for the requests/questions and inquiries received.
- Follow up on required action/outstanding issues and report on outcome/ result. Alert the Action Coalition Thematic Lead on critical issues to be addressed.
Provide coordination support to the development of strategic partnerships and resource mobilization efforts:
- Coordinate with the Partnerships Task Team in managing activities and other promotional events designed to engage bilateral and multilateral institutions/donors, private sector and civil society to expand and/or sustain interest and resources for Action Coalitions.
- Coordinate the preparation of strategic partnership background documents and analysis.
- Liaise closely with administrative staff to ensure efficient implementation of the Action Coalition, in collaboration with the Action Coalition secretariat.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely gathering and analysis of data on the Action Coalition’s partnerships.
- Timely and quality coordination of the Action Coalitions Task Team/ Secretariat meetings and events.
- Action Coalition documents are well managed and disseminated.
- Quality inputs and technical support for Action Coalition meetings and events.
- Timely and quality coordination of Partnerships Task Team meetings.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in gender studies, international development, economics, social and/or environmental sciences is required.
- A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in coordination and planning processes.
- Experience in contributing to normative and policy processes related to gender equality and sustainable development.
- Proven expertise in writing policy documents for development practitioners.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.