Programme and Administrative Assistant
United Nations Volunteers , Liberia
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
- Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of UNV Country Coordinator or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Programme and Administrative Assistant (UNV Field Unit) will:
- Support to the deployment and management of UN Volunteers
Provide logistics and administrative support to UN host agencies and UN Volunteers in the recruitment and volunteer management processes:
Selection of candidates
- Support to host entities in the coordination, organization of candidates’ assessment (e.g. interviews, written tests, desk reviews)
- Submit all relevant documents related to the selection of candidates to VSC (Volunteer Service Centre at UNV HQ) for their action (e.g. interview reports)
Arrival and onboarding of UN Volunteers
- Support issuance of residence permits, UNV ID cards and access to eservices for UN Volunteers and their supervisors
- Conduct administrative briefings, including on the use of ATLAS e-services
- Arrange mandatory security briefings
- Coordinate briefings with host agency and obtain host agency email address for UN Volunteers
- In close coordination with VSC, confirm UN Volunteers’ entry on duty date and ensure that UN Volunteer’s contracts and beneficiary forms are signed, completed and uploaded onto VMAM
- Support the UN Volunteers with procedures on bank accounts, completion of forms related to visas, resident permits, etc.
- Support UN Volunteers in the issuance of resident permits/visas, UNV ID cards and all systems such as e-services, VMAM
- Conduct and coordinate orientation sessions for newly arrived UN Volunteers including on administrative procedures and volunteer engagement in the country
- Facilitate and coordinate the onboarding sessions for newly arrived UN Volunteers with host entities and obtain professional email addresses
- Confirm the arrival of UN Volunteers and their dependents to VSC;
- Ensure that contracts, beneficiary forms and all related forms are completed, signed and shared with VSC
Support during the assignment
- Monitor the contractual status of UN Volunteers and liaise with the host entities on extensions, repatriations. Keep VSC informed
- Follow up on the payroll management and collect all relevant information to home visits, MORSS reimbursements, travel claims, etc.
- Provide logistics and administrative support in emergency cases such as medical and/or security evacuations under the guidance of the Programme Analyst
- Support the UN Volunteers in their end of assignment administrative process, including exit visas, final checklist, Resettlement Allowance payments, etc.
- Guide and support UN Volunteers in their request for home visits
- Maintain volunteer records updated in VMAM
- Maintain an updated list of all serving UN Volunteers, with contacts, including their dependents
- Support UNDP Country Office Finance in the management of the UNV payroll if / when required
Support to UNV Field Unit
- Timely provision of information and data related to volunteer management, UNV field office assets, finance/procurement and administrative inputs required for UNV’s corporate exercises
- Support onsite and online volunteer mobilization that increases the number of volunteers in the respective country
- Effective and efficient support in the Volunteer Management Cycle in cooperation with VSC (talent sources compilation, initial onboarding, monitoring contractual status, logistical arrangements, medical and security evacuations if applicable, end of assignment formalities)
- Act as a focal point for online volunteers and accreditation of OV service organizations in a country or multiple country, focusing on supporting Host Entities with developing OV opportunities through advocacy engagements and promoting the concept of OV.
- Effective and efficient support of the Country Coordinator and UN partners in advocacy and outreach campaigns (IVD, presentation of promotional information with Host Entities, local volunteer organizations, etc.)
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Required degree level: Technical/Vocational diploma
- Required experience: 36 Months
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the management of human resources, administration and coordination;
- Work experiences as a United Nations Volunteer or with United Nations system or similar international organizations desirable;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in UNV Mandate, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent.