Programme and Partnerships Development Advisor
UNOPS, Belgrade, Serbia
Closing Date for Applications:
1. Programme and partnership development planning
- Expand further the existing partnership and programme development plan in line with UNOPS Strategic Plan and Regional Strategies, including country context, analysis of the regional and national development and humanitarian landscape, identification of main partners, strategic positioning of UNOPS in the potential operational niches identified, as well as growing a pipeline opportunities for all countries in the scope of the Operations Centre. Ensure plan reflects in-house capacity, typology of projects and the internal tools and knowledge resources.
- Examine risks and opportunities presented by the strategic positioning of the Operations Centre and propose appropriate responses to ensure sustainable growth.
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant Partnerships personnel at local, liaison and HQ level, as well as Project Managers and project personnel of the country offices covered by the Operations Centre to ensure aligned and coherent interactions with partners.
- In coordination with the Business Development officer in Serbia, manage the Western Balkans Investment plan.
2. Development and follow up of partnership opportunities
- Monitor and evaluate development and humanitarian trends and needs to identify areas of collaboration within UNOPS mandate and existing capacity.
- Research events, publications and announcements, to track and screen opportunities for possible UNOPS interventions and identify trends that will drive partnership opportunities.
- Provide advice and feedback Operations Centre on the development of framework partnership agreements that can increase opportunities at the regional level.
- Contribute to the identification, design, formulation and negotiation of new projects and programmes and draft concept notes and project document briefs for discussion with partners.
- Maintain the LEADS system as appropriate and the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system functionality in alignment with UNOPS corporate guidelines.
- Coordinate technical and financial requirements to realise new project opportunities.
- Drafts agreements and/or contractual documents required for the signature and implementation of new projects.
- Understand and clearly explain UNOPS pricing policy to partners.
- Contribute to the diversification of the Operations Centre in line with UNOPS strategic and regional objectives.
- In coordination with the Communications and Reporting personnel, when available, gather content for communications and outreach materials for any countries managed by the Operations Centre.
- Provide concise weekly, monthly and any other relevant reports to Operations Centre Director Submit travel and operational plans for approval by Director on a monthly basis.
3. Representation and inter-agency partnership
- Establish partnerships with the UN agencies, international organisations, governments, foundations, international non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and private sector organisations to diversify project opportunities within the Operations Centre.
- Undertake advocacy, public information and communication activities in collaboration with the Communications Officer, when required.
- On behalf of the Operations Centre Director and/or Head of Programme, participate in and report on the relevant inter-agency, donor and government coordination meetings including addressing project development issues in consultation with UNOPS project managers and technical experts when required.
- Take part in the UN common planning and programming processes, including strategic country analysis, United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), response plans, etc.
- Build a network of key partners, keeping abreast of evolving trends (social, economic, and political), including the application of innovation to project and partnership development.
4. Programme management and oversight
- Contribute to the timely and cost-effective implementation of the programme according to UNOPS goals and partner expectations, approved budget and full cost recovery the timely and cost-effective implementation of the programme according to UNOPS goals and partner expectations, approved budget and full cost recovery.
- Support the Operations Centre Director by ensuring the financial sustainability of the programme and delivery of desired results, ensuring compliance with organizational strategies, rules, regulations and standards of performance.
- Support timely and accurate project tracking, analysis of outputs, and reporting as well as provide substantive inputs into setting up adequate governance structure, programme management systems, budgets and quality assurance mechanisms.
- Deputise for Representative of Operations Centre and act as the Officer in Charge for the Operations Centre when required.
- In close coordination with the PMO and the Operations Centre Director undertake programme development and planning and managing programme resources.
- Promote teamwork, collaboration and diversity by providing the programme team with clear direction, objectives and guidance to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- Foster a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed.
- Contribute to the planning and conduct of and/or respond to UNOPS performance evaluation reviews and surveys.
5. Knowledge management and innovation
- In coordination with the Serbia Project Management Office (PMO),
- Implement standards, tools and templates provided by HQ/PMO to effectively manage partnership and project development within the Operational Hub/Operations Centre to enhance/maintain UNOPS effectiveness as a provider of project services for sustainable results.
- Contribute to the ongoing research, development and implementation of best practice and innovative approaches to maximise performance and sustain achievements in project and partnership development.
- Help build partnerships capacity and negotiation skills among project managers.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building within project and partnership development.
- Provide regular feedback to the PMO on existing systems, tools and resources to ensure its relevance to day-to-day operations.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Engineering, Political Science or International Relations.
- Bachelor degree with 7 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master degree
At least seven years of experience, preferably in international development including demonstrated experience in:
- Developing and executing partnership and programme development plans;
- Project development and proposal writing;
- Acquisition of and implementation of projects;
- Establishing partnerships with UN agencies, international development organisations, governments, foundations, international NGOs or private sector organisations.
- Demonstrated prior experience working in project and programme management, international organisations, international development, post-disaster and/or emergency contexts.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Fluency in at least one language of the Western Balkans is a strong advantage.
- Fluency in one or more additional official UNOPS languages is an advantage.