Nations World Food Programme, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of the Nutrition programme in Cox's Bazar. Job holders will be responsible for the completion of a range of activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices (Nutrition, Health and Food security). Job holders are expected to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They are expected to work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of the Nutrition Programme in Cox's Bazar. To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- This position will have a 60% and 40% combination of field based and Office work respectively. Under the overall guidance and supervision of Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition), the Programme Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the processes and activities that support the effective delivery of the Nutrition Programme with duties as follows: -
- Support, coordinate and monitor the implementation of WFP's Malnutrition Prevention and Treatment program for both Host and refugee communities in Cox's Bazar
- Support and facilitate capacity building/development of cooperating partners and sub-national government health and family planning officials to prepare for and respond to nutrition needs
- Provide support and manage the roll-out of new activities and programs or expansion of existing programs to new geographical areas with the Sub-Office catchment area.
- Carry out regular field visits(Kutubdia, Pekua, Ukhia, Teknaf, Maheshkhali Upazilas) to provide technical support to the Malnutrition Prevention Treatment and Programme activities
- Assist in compiling monthly beneficiary and food utilization statistics. Verify the planned movements and distribution of specialized nutritious food or non-food items, resolving routine issues and escalating where appropriate, to ensure that the quantity distributed, and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Support uploading of the database in the Information Management system and Comet
- Support in the review and processing of advance and payment requests for Cooperating partners
- Liaise with cooperating partners, communities and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services
- Prepare detailed monitoring plans, case studies, qualitative and quantitative reports based on field monitoring findings on context, process and outcomes, including recommended follow-up actions to ensure program goals are achieved. Share such reports with Senior Nutrition staff Programme Associate and ensure follow-up actions are implemented on a timely basis
- Identify risks and apparent issues in the programme, and report them to the appropriate personnel for mitigation measures timely
- Ensure the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas
- Assist in organizing meetings, workshops, mission visits for the Nutrition Programme as assigned
- Maintain a well-coordinated working relationship with key stakeholders especially sub-national level MoHFW staffs and partners
- Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science and Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, Social Science or any other relevant area.
- Minimum three years' experience in a similar position or exposure to Nutrition programming
- Experience and/or exposure to nutrition project assistance in development and humanitarian settings
- Familiarity with the special context of refugee camps and makeshift sites in Cox's Bazar
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- A basic understanding of CMAM programme, M&E, reporting, accountability will be required.
- Fluency in oral Chittagonian/Rohingyan dialect highly desirable. Fluency in oral and writing in English.