The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate or univercity degree in mechanical engineer, civil engineer and/or relevant subject is considered an asset.
- EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years of relevant working experience (solar energy systems, wind pumps, green energy geothermic structure etc.). At least 2 similar assignments with UN/Donors/NGOs.
- LANGUAGES: Fluency in Russian and/or Tajik, fluency in English.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Analytical skills;
- Planning capacity;
- Proven ability to work in team;
- Proven capacity to engage with beneficiaries in a conductive manner;
- Wilingness to travel to rural areas extensively.
Under Strategic Outcome (SO) 3, WFP will focus on building the resilience of food insecure communities, in gender equitable and empowering ways, in order to increase their coping and adaptive capacity to the various impacts of climate change. The cornerstone of SO3 is GCF-funded 4-year project titled “Building climate resilience of vulnerable and food insecure communities through capacity strengthening and livelihood diversification in mountainous regions of Tajikistan.
The project takes a transformative approach to ensure food security and support communities to adapt to climate change through two key components:
- Component 1: Capacity strengthening and awareness raising of food insecure climate vulnerable communities and national actors for enhanced rural resilience and food security, and;
- Component 2: Resilience building at household and community level through diversification of livelihoods and improved market access.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Resilience Unit of WFP Country Office Tajikistan and the overall guidance of the WFP Tajikistan Head of Programmes, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Identify opportunities for the use of renewable energies for productive and household activities within a IWM approach in target areas, jointly with the Project Support Unit experts;
- Describe activities details as part of the inception report;
- Prepare technical designs for all the identified activities when necessary;
- Design a detailed work-plan
- List down technical specifications for each identified activity as per of the inception report and procurement plan
- Any other Task as requested by the Head of WFP CCARB Unit.
- Assess the capacities of the relevant local authorities in target areas, jointly with the Project Support Unit experts;
- Design and deliver trainings to technical experts of local relevant authorities in target areas, jointly with the Project Support Unit experts;
- Mentor local technical experts in delivering trainings to target communities on renewable energy systems operation and maintenance
- Work with WFP Supply Chain Unit for the procurement of necessary items;
- Coordinate and manage all the renewable-related activities in target areas, jointly with the Project Support Unit experts;
- Provide on-job trainings to local technical experts.