Save the children, Kirkuk, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
The Community Mobilizer is a member of Save the Children’s Response team in Salh Al-deen. Under the supervision of the Education Officer, the Community Mobilizer is responsible for:
- Promoting our projects in communities and creating awareness on education, child protection or Health/Hygiene related issues among community members,
- Organize capacity building for teachers, parents, PTAs, and other duty bearers in the community on project components
- Monitoring and supporting all program activities in the field, conducting regular meetings with parents, schools and local council to identify issues and proposing solutions to address them.
The Community Mobilizer will ensure that project activities are consistent with Save the Children’s programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Basic education or adequate equivalent work/life experience;
- Coming from and a resident of Salh Al-deen
- Excellent Arabic language skills
- Commitment to the mission and values of Save the Children;
- Experience with community development, working with children and schools;
- Strong understanding of the situation of the IDP children (girls and boys);
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to think critically and to recommend good solutions to problems.
- Strong Organizational skills;
- Advocacy and coordination skills;
- Ability to conduct outreach at the community level;
- Excellent sense of judgment, humor and patience;
- Knowledge of the local language as well as Kurdish is essential; English language skill is an advantage;
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including familiarity with internet).
- We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.