UNICEF Nigeria Country Office Education Section is managing a big portfolio with a range of partners and an annual budget of 75million and 9 Staff Member at Abuja level and 23 at the file Office levels requiring support. The realities of the year end closures are weighing in on only one Programme Assistant staff in the section. While the section is sourcing fund to cover for the post of a GS5 staff for next year and beyond, this ToR will enable to Programme secure support for the next five months to allow for a smooth end of year closure and resumption of 2021. The results will be delivered under three outputs: Output 1: Increased enrolment and retention for girls in basic education; Output 2: Improved capacity of teachers to deliver effective learning for girls; and Output 3: Improved governance to strengthen girls’ education. The overall impact is to achieve improved social and economic opportunity for girls.
The efficiency and effectiveness of support provided by the programme assistant to the development, implementation and monitoring of programs/projects facilitates the delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the respective section, which in turn enhances the offices and UNICEF’s capacity in helping the most vulnerable women and children.
Specific functions and accountabilities:
Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Compiles data and information on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Prepares and maintains records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Arranges meetings, workshops and training courses pertaining to programme development, and provides support in making the necessary logistical arrangements
- Draft correspondences and commitment letters to partners.
Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation.
Support in resource mobilization
- Compiles and organizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building
- Gathers and shares information as needed in support of improving the processes and daily operations of the section.
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by drafting necessary correspondence, compiling data reports and maintaining relevant records.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Familiarity with UNICEF programme policies, procedures and processes required- Fluency in English mandatory