About the Organization:
UNICEF works in Across 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential - to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, a future
This is a batch recruitment for four Programme Assistant positions in UNICEF Ankara and Gaziantep. Under the close supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the Programme Assistant supports the respective section (s) by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks, to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks:
- Facilitating the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
- Collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and Mycase.
- Preparing and maintaining records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Supporting the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
- Maintaining office calendar and arranging meetings. Taking minutes of meetings and keeping the correspondence of the team well organized.
- Providing travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaising with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Maintaining and updating a system which monitors the absence of staff.
- Preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Supporting capacity development activities, meetings and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability; liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English and in Turkish required.
- Thorough knowledge of administrative policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software.
- Strong office management skills.