As a team member, the incumbent provides a range of specialized programming and administrative support services for the coordination of programme and/or project implementation activities, including through the use of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. The incumbent performs at a fully operational level and in an efficient, effective and client-oriented manner. The incumbent applies the principles of results-based management (RBM) and ensures the correct application of established rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
The incumbent works under the supervision of the Senior Programme Officer. Supervision received is focused on the timeliness of process execution and the quality of outputs. The incumbent works with a moderate degree of independence. Work is reviewed for correctness in the application of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
Internal contacts are with staff and managers in field offices, project locations and headquarters to provide support and exchange information on issues related to service delivery and status of planned activities. The incumbent regularly liaises with and receives guidance from the Regional Programming Unit.
External contacts are primarily with counterparts in Government, employers’ and workers’ organizations, United Nations (UN) agencies and other international organizations and donors to obtain clarification and to seek or provide information on planned joint activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the planning and preparatory work of the Office’s work programme and/or project initiatives. Monitor status of programme and/or project proposals and receipt of documentation for review and approval, verifying that information is in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines. Monitor the status of programme and/or project outcomes and deliverables and inform the supervisor of any discrepancies.
- Compile, summarize and present a variety of information and data to the supervisor on issues pertinent to the Office’s work programme, including on budgets, staffing levels and structures of programmes and/or projects, and other related topics or issues.
- Input complete data and process administrative actions on programme and/or project delivery in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. Based on information in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, inform the supervisor of inconsistencies and shortfalls in delivery and status of allocations. Distribute project documents to concerned parties upon approval of supervisor.
- Follow-up on administrative matters, including the timely submission of terms of reference (TOR) for external collaborators, confirmation of funds, and other required administrative actions.
- Provide administrative support for the organization of seminars, workshops, meetings and other events.
- Maintain and update databases. Perform basic searches for information and prepare and update periodic reports, background information, briefing notes and statistical summaries.
- Respond to requests for general information on programme and/or project related matters.
- Keep abreast of changes to relevant programme-related policies, procedures, guidelines and processes and share information with concerned parties, providing further clarification as required.
- Keep abreast of developments in the country which may have an impact on areas for ILO assistance and collaboration/development cooperation.
- Provide general office management support, including attending meetings and drafting correspondence.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- optional section (only if needed)
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Minimum of five years of office support work experience, including in programme and budget support work and project administration. Experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Excellent command of English. Working knowledge of at least one official national language of the duty station.
- Knowledge and Competencies (technical/behavioural)
- Knowledge of programme and/or project administration.
- Knowledge of results-based management (RBM).
- Good knowledge of PC software (including word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.