The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Under the Strategic Objective no. 2, WFP Cox’s Bazar operation has food, nutrition and livelihoods assistance. “Enhancing Food Security and Nutrition/EFSN” seeks to address the underlying drivers of food insecurity and undernutrition by helping some of the most vulnerable inhabitants in host communities to transform their lives. Enhancing Food security and Nutrition is a two years long project targeting 20,000households in Ukhiya and Teknaf.
As a member of EFSN team, support the implementation of the project, with focus on knowledge management and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Liaise with the EFSN team members, Implementing partners to track, document and appropriate use of all project achievements, project experience and results of activities that include organizing women’s groups; capacity building like entrepreneurship, skills trainings; cash allowance; empowerment activities; Behavior Change Communication sessions; savings etc.
- Collect and produce casestudies, success stories on the beneficiaries.
- Ensure project progress and impacts are captured, documented, analysed and reported in a results-based and timely manner;
- Ensure timely preparation, production, and dissemination of the project’s communications materials, including leaflets, newsletters, handouts, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Liaise with implementing partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and and informative decision-making
- Provide standard trainings for implementing partners on WFP operational practices, quality data collection, reporting etc.
- Contribute to design and implementation of communication/information strategy for the project, in liaison Communications team.
- Support in visibility of WFP in the coverage areas, with Communications team
- Support the M&E team, Reports team for the monitoring and the reports related.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Team leader, or by Head of the Unit.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Graduate in the related functional area.
Language: Excellent written and oral/communications skills in both English and Bangla. Fluency in Chittagonian language highly preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Computer skills. Understanding of M&E, reporting, accountability will be required
- Experience in knowledge management and communications.
- Familiarity with the special context of Cox’s Bazar.
- Familiarity with women’s groups, livelihoods support, including cash transfer and women’s empowerment activities for the ultra-poor.
- Has experience in research, conducting analyses, and supervision and coordination skills.
- Experience in conducting training sessions
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.