UNDP - United Nations Development Programme, Gaziantep, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
This post is located in the Turkey Humanitarian Fund for Syria Emergency Response, Humanitarian Financing Unit (HFU) of the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in Turkey. The post is based in Gaziantep, with possible travel to field locations such as Antakya. The incumbent reports to the HF Pooled Fund Manager through Humanitarian Affairs Officer and works closely with the HFU Team, Coordination, and the Information Management Units of UNOCHA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the OCHA Turkey Head of Office and under the day-to-day guidance of the Head of Pooled Fund Unit, the Programme Assistant is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Assist the work of the HFU Unit throughout the humanitarian programming cycle, assisting in the coordination with relevant counterparts in line with the Fund Terms of Reference (CBPFs Global Guidelines) and allocation guidelines
- Conduct programmatic spot-check of projects to monitor implementation of THF-funded projects, ensuring that implementation is in line with the project proposal and the grant agreement;
- Prepare the monitoring reports and ensure findings and results of monitoring visits are shared with appropriate stakeholders and partners in a timely manner; upload the report and recommendations/follow up action points on the appropriate GMS monitoring module;
- Set the reporting requirements of individual projects based on the HF operational modalities and identify and set appropriate reporting timelines on Grant Management System (GMS);
- Follow up with partners to ensure timely submission of narrative reports pertaining to LHF-funded projects;
- Track, collect and review narrative reports from THF partners to ensure accuracy and compliance with CBPF guidelines and provides feedback to partner and Fund Manager;
- Assist in the implementation of the HF Turkey Partner Capacity Development Framework and engage with potential HF partners;
- Support organization of the trainings / workshops / technical review and Advisory Board meetings by ensuring operational excellence in all HFU related events, including drafting minutes;
- Assist with the review of the project proposals submitted to the THF and give guidance to implementing partners on Grant Management System (GMS);
- Assist the HFU Unit by keeping systematic and readily available electronic and physical files for all projects funded by the HFU, as well as other key documentation and correspondence related with the operation of the Fund. Support (and accompany if required) the Fund Manager and/or the Monitoring and Reporting Officer in the logistic and substantive preparation of field missions, conferences, meetings and HFU-related events;
- Assist HFU with production of Information Products and working closely with the IMU unit in the production of info graphs, reports, briefing packs and any other publications;
- Draft and send out in consultation with the Team Members invitations, information Material, and follow up communication of workshops/trainings/meetings;
- Draft minutes including participant List of workshops/ trainings/meetings;
- Perform other duties as required by the Fund Manager and HFU team
- Thorough knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation of humanitarian projects.
- Knowledge and experience in project log frame development, proposal writing, quantitative and qualitative surveys and progress report writing.
- Knowledge on humanitarian principles, standards and emergency response.
- Excellent knowledge and application skills of IT tools and management systems.
- Very good analytical skills and results orientation.
- Ability to manage several activities in tight deadlines.
- Skills to manage relationships and communicate with diverse partners.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Education: University degree (BA) in statistics/biostatistics, economics, demography, sociology, development studies, international relations, or related field is preferable.
- Experience: 7 years of progressively responsible experience in areas of project design, management, implementation or monitoring and evaluation is required.
- Fluency in English required.
- Working knowledge Turkish is required and working knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks within an environment where many interruptions occur.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams and international professionals.
- Availability and fitness for travel.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that;
- human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is create;
- necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.