World Food Programme, Cox's Bazaar, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the M&E Officer, the Programme Assistant (Monitoring and Evaluation) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Under supervision of the M&E Officer, create and update data collection tools for monitoring activities and manage the monitoring database, following up on targets.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, curate, compile, consolidate and clean M&E data and support data analysis and preparation of M&E reports in order to support operational decision-making.
- Consolidate and produce narrative and statistical reports to document programme implementation and monitoring observations and follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/or adjustments are made to programme responses as required.
- Support maintaining records of monitoring plans, reports and data from programme units, such as monthly distribution reports, outcome monitoring data and process monitoring information, in order to ensure timely and regular reporting on the implementation of activities to inform decision-making on programme design.
- Support with data visualization for regular sub-office monitoring reports.
- Manage WFP internal field level beneficiary feedback and complaints mechanism database and ensure proper follow-up and referral of feedback and complaints. Liaise with individual programme units and CO M&E unit on resolution of feedback and complaints channeled through the Dhaka-based call center.
- Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes.
- Organize and undertake frequent field monitoring spot check visits for all programme activities using checklists, in order to verify data collection quality by the functional unit FMAs and/or outsourced monitoring entities
- Support in training national WFP and partner staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to build capacity of staff, increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation and encourage accountability for demonstrating results
- Provide administrative office support for the M&E unit.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
- Any other tasks as required
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.
- Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers) Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
- Knowledge of Specialized Areas Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.
- Emergency Programming Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
- Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Familiarity with the special context of refugee camps and makeshift sites in Cox’s Bazar.
- Knowledge of the local language of Cox’s Bazar.
- KNowledge of spoken Rohingya is an asset.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. University students with familiarity in data base and data management is desirable.
- Experience: At least one year of relevant work experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation of community and/or international development, emergency operations, disaster preparedness, cash and voucher programming or other related field.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla. Fluency in oral Chittagonian/Rohingyan dialect is desirable.