If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the close supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme assistant supports the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Key Expected Results
- Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Support in resource mobilization
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Compiles data and information on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Prepares and maintains records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Arranges meetings, workshops and training courses pertaining to programme development, and provides support in making the necessary logistical arrangements.
- Following up both internally with the Supply section and externally with counterparts to ensure supplies for programme implementation are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation.
Support in resource mobilization
- Compiles and organizes information and data pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Compiles and organizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Supports the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners pertaining to the section.
Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building
- Gathers and shares information as needed in support of improving the processes and daily operations of the section.
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by drafting necessary correspondence, compiling data reports and maintaining relevant records.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Learning & Researching
- Planning and organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all nationals of Bangladesh, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.