United Nations Development Programme, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
- UN Women Philippines is implementing the project Promoting conflict prevention, social cohesion and community resilience in BARMM in the time of COVID-19 jointly with UN partners IOM and UNFPA, and the collaboration of the Resident Coordinator’s Office, with support from the Peacebuilding Fund.
- The programme recognizes that COVID-19 is posing a direct challenge to the peace and stability of the BARMM and its surrounding areas by straining efforts to reintegrate former combatants, driving up competition for scarce resources in localities with historical tension, and shifting institutional focus away from building inclusive policies during the formative stage of the region’s new administrative apparatus. To address these challenges, the project will seek to 1) fortify reintegration efforts for former women combatants by empowering them to engage and support peacebuilding, 2) support conflict understanding and prevention by promoting gender-responsive, inclusive, and culturally-sensitive legislation, policies and programmes, and 3) build the resilience of communities in conflict hotspots through collaborative socio-economic activities and inclusive community- based reconciliation mechanisms. At the core of the programme is a focus on gender equality and women’s empowerment. UN Women Philippines will contribute to the project by engaging BARMM actors to promote gender-sensitive and responsive policies and approaches to conflict prevention, and will support women in conflict hostpots by building socio-economic resilience, increasing participation in conflict mediation, and ensuring community safety mechanisms are gender responsive.
- To support the implementation of the programme, UN Women seeks a Programme Assistant to work with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of the programme Promoting conflict prevention, social cohesion and community resilience in BARMM in the time of COVID-19. The Programme Assistant will provide support and assistance to the team to ensure effective programme implementation in line with UN Women rules and regulations and in coordination with IOM and UNFPA.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Programme Officer, the Programme Assistant supports the programme operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Programme Management Support
- Provide programme and administrative support to the programme team in the preparation of various programme documents, such as work plans, budgets, reports and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking.
- Help the team in providing guidance to the country and project offices on routine implementation of the project, tracking use of financial resources.
Financial Management Support
- Use Atlas to prepare required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of the project.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for receipt of goods and services, including making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Support the programme team in the financial management of the project.
- Organize, compile and process information from the donor as well as from the programme team, and keep track of the information through databases and e-filing.
- Support the programme team in the tracking of and reporting on mobilized resources.
Administrative Support to the Programme Unit
- Provide administrative support to the programme team in the organization of events, meetings and workshops, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for the programme team and project staff, including preparation of travel requisitions and claims.
- Draft non-substantive correspondence.
- Maintain and organize up-to-date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Create and maintain files of correspondence/documents and electronically received information, and ensure up-to- date filing. Maintain both hardcopies and electronic copies of the office records and reference files on various subjects.
- Prepare presentation material/slides in Power-point for presentations for the meetings/workshops and keep all papers ready for meetings.
Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the PP focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of the programme team, including logistical support.
- Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work, also under time constraints.
- Ability to establish, build and sustain effective relationships with clients, demonstrating understanding of client's perspective; anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly.
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of secondary education is required. University degree (or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration or related field is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience with administrative tasks.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages. Experience in working with ATLAS is an advantage.
- Work experience in administrative support of development programme/project is an advantage.
- Work experience within the UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Tagalog is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.