The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). Depending on the technical expertise, the job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or Head of Unit.
- At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders can recommend a course of action to staff at various levels, taking or applying tasks being assigned or allocated, and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects in alignment to the compliance requirements.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities, in order to support the effective and efficient delivery of the unit’s daily operations and ensure that processes and activities meet the compliance requirements.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work and assigned tasks, supporting alignment with wider programme policies, guidelines, and compliance requirements.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Support needs of communication, ease liaison, and activities with local partners, UN agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Check the provision of a range of services, including procurements, travel, protocol related, meetings preparation, and other administrative tasks., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for the unit and the office operations.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. logistics assessments, inception report, baseline survey) following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required, this includes records of meetings, seminars, conferences and field trips, to prepare official documentation and maintain an effective EPR archiving system.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
- Provide project management and/or general office support following the unit’s established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act as EPR Focal Point for administrative matters with Business Support Unit.
- Perform specific administration support related activities on requests from other units within the Country Office, under the guidance of Business Support Unit.
- Adapt and update administrative processes, supporting the implementation of operating procedures, to contribute to the continuous improvement of administration services’ responsibility.
- Perform micro purchase process which includes market survey to identify potential suppliers, convene vendor committee for new suppliers, request quotations, conduct bid evaluation and issuance of contract or purchase order, create micro purchase order in system, monitor the delivery of goods and services and conduct annual supplier performance.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to details and understanding of compliance principles.
- Ability to balance timely delivery, attention to details, and service orientation for effective and efficient unit’s delivery.
- Ability to dialogue with colleagues and solicit information in a considerate and respectful manner.
- Ability to work in a team and multi-task as needed.
- Ability to work independently in a timely and organised manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain networks with a variety of stakeholders.
- Flexibility and adaptability to shifting goal posts and evolving client needs.
- Analytical, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
Languages: Excellent written and communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has participated in implementing technical programs.
- Has implemented organizational project activities or initiatives increased level of responsibility.
- Has working with complex system and change on systems and procedures
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work\