Programme Assistant - Education
UNICEF, Peshawar, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Functions, Accountabilities and Related Duties/Tasks;
- Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
Support in resource mobilization
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building
- Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=498201