UN Women, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Job/Project
- The proposed activities of the program shall promote gender equality and women’s participation in decision-making processes addressing socio-economic development; post conflict reconstruction; social integration and strengthening of national and provincial women’s machinery. There are three main elements to the program:
- Increase women’s (including youth) influence in national and local governance institutions by strengthening their voice and participation in political and institutional mechanism at national and local level through capacity development;
- Advocate with parliamentarians for greater representation of women in Sri Lanka’s governance structures and institutions through a mandatory quota for women; and
- Partner with the media in Sri Lanka to build awareness on the issue of under representation of women in national and local governance and advocate for women’s political participation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in the formulation of Programme Strategies
- Collect and present background information for the preparation of effective application of RBM tools.
- Provide programme and administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
- Programme Management Support
- Support the Programme Analyst based in Sri Lanka in the implementation of the control mechanisms for development projects through monitoring of budget preparation and modifications.
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Support the Programme Analyst in the financial management of Programmes.
- Provide guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
- Provide necessary information for the audit of programmes/projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, Regional Office, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Support the Programme team in the tracking and reporting on mobilized resources.
- Administrative and Financial Management Support to the Programme Unit
- Assist in generation and review of Atlas Financial Reports and ensure accuracy of captured data; Provide timely feedback to MCO on adjustments / corrections;
- Ensure maintenance of the internal expenditures control system by ensuring that financial/admin/HR requests are in accordance with the approved budgets;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects and record goods receipt in Atlas and do budget check for requisitions;
- Assist in preparation of cost sharing, and trust fund agreements, follow up on contributions within the MCO resource mobilization efforts for Sri Lanka;
- Assist in drafting of TORs for recruitment of consultants and managing their payment schedule in accordance with the contract and deliverables;
- Assist in drawing up the specifications and evaluation criteria for procurement requests to MCO;
- Review CSA budget and expenditure reports;
- Liaise with MCO staff and ensure compliance with UN Women’s financial rules and regulations
- Facilitation of Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management.
- Support synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in programme finance.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Support organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Completion of secondary education required.
- University degree or equivalent in Business, Accounting or Public Administration or a related field is an asset.
- A minimum of 6 years of administrative experience preferably in a large or international corporation or organization.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in ATLAS an advantage.
- Fluency in English and local language is required
- Knowledge of the other UN working knowledge is an asset.
Procedure for Applying
- Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy, using the :
- Application for the position.
- “Personal History Form - P 11”
- Latest CV.
- Application to this vacancy should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert Vacancy Announcement Number in the Subject of the E-mail. Applications without the Vacancy Number or with the incorrect Vacancy Number will not be accepted. Applications received after the close date will not be accepted.
- NOTE : Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.