We are currently seeking an energetic candidate with strong programme management and communication skills to help organize, and execute socio- economic development/impact programmes and events. Experience of working in a multicultural environment with varied stakeholders including the government and non-governmental agencies is an integral part of our requirement.
The Programme Associate will perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Programme planning, implementation and monitoring:
- Assist in the development and implementation projects to achieve the successful outcome of the programme;
- Ensure that programme activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization;
- Write reports on the programme for management and for funders monitor the programme activities on a regular basis.
Program Budgeting and finance:
- Ensure that the programme operates within the approved budget;
- Monitor all budgeted programme expenditures;
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all financial records for the programme are up to date;
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements.
- Finalisation of venue and other related facilities required for the event travel bookings of participants;
- Lodging and boarding of participants;
- Arrangement of resource kit if required;
- Communication with the participants regarding event.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques;
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities;
- Analytical Skills: Able to analyse large, complex data sets using a variety of software applications (SPSS, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite), including the use of relational databases;
- Planning & Organising: Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Relationship Management: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal/external clients/relevant stakeholders to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameter;
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization;
- Cultural Understanding: International mind set, understands different perspectives and is able to work comfortably in multi-cultural environment;
- Accountability: Self-starter with a strong sense of initiative and focused on results; ability to manage multiple projects within ambiguous and undefined parameters.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Postgraduate in Social Sciences/Social Work/Rural Development/Rural Management from an institute of good repute;
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in a project management role preferably in the non-profit sector;
- Good working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research with strong analytical skills.
- Desirable work experience on Consumer Protection/Sustainable Consumption/ Environmental issues/trans-fats in India will be an added advantage.
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position. Please mention job code in subject line of application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be considered. Given the large volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
Consumer Unity and Trust Society (CUTS) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, gender, marital status or physical disability. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.