The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position is based at WFP Field Office Peshawar, reporting to Nutritionist NOC.
At this level, job holder is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis. Job holder is expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
To provide technical and operational support for the implementation of education and school meals programme activities in the field.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall supervision of the Nutritionist (NOC) at WFP Field Office Peshawar and in close collaboration with the Country Office (Strategic Outcome 2), the position holder will:
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of education programme activities in the field;
- Provide specialized project management support to education programme and ensure that activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures;
- Perform accurate and timely recording of data of programme activities, prepare programme status/ performance reports, resource utilization status, and highlight trends/issues arise during programme implementation in the field;
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data related to the education activities and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Conduct field visits of the assisted areas, suggest preventive/ corrective measures and share recommendations to CO for improved programme efficiency and effectiveness;
- Coordinate and communicate with internal counterparts, local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions involved in programme implementation and ensure consistency of information presented to various stakeholders;
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems in education programme in the field and ensure effective communication with PO and CO programme teams;
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Provide support for any additional tasks assigned during the job.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A university degree in social sciences or equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum work experience of six years related to education programmes in the local context;
- Experience in implementation of education and school meal programmes;
- Prior relevant work experience with WFP or UN agencies in education and school meals programmes will be considered as an added advantage.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English and Urdu. Knowledge of Pushto will be considered as an added advantage