World Food Programme , Quetta, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Job holder is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis. Job holder is expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance of supervisor, the job holder is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Assist Nutritionist in preparing project documents with partners.
- Support in organizing project planning missions, meetings and briefing sessions to identify and analyse problems and recommend project;
- Provide support to assess project performance including utilization of resources and achievement of planned targets;
- Analyse the received reports/data to ensure achievement of objectives and suggest corrective actions when necessary to meet project objectives. Assist in the development and introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in project-management
- Monitor, update and track data related to project issues, commodity pipelines and financial allotment status reports, informing the relevant divisions accordingly; ensure accuracy of data related to the above;
- Assist to analyse and prepare projections for food commodities and non-food items to ensure timely call forward and/or local procurement including other complementary inputs like trainings, reviews, stationary
- Prepare allocation plans to ensure timely preparation of agreements/ MOUs/ FLAs with all partners for quality delivery of services through transparent and competitive selection process using maturity of judgment and negotiating skills. Coordinate with other units for timely delivery of food to the targeted beneficiaries in line with agreed implementation plans.
- Maintain records on programme activities, from formulation stage through completion, by extracting relevant information from reports, project committees, budget records and other documentation; make information available for country briefs, country profiles, and other related purposes; ensure project cycle deadlines are met;
- Carry out advocacy and information related tasks for project/programme activities such as making presentations in meetings, workshops, seminars, missions, etc;
- Prepare status and progress reports by providing information and background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions; Facilitate accurate and timely inputs/ reports from the implementing partners for M&E analysis and status reports.
- Evaluate, develop, and recommend procedures. Participate in discussions on new/revised procedures and practices; interprets and assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations on follow up actions;
- Assist in arranging trainings, reviews and other programme related events
- Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of higher secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate/university degree in the related functional area is highly desirable.
- Minimum of six years of experience, of which a minimum of two years of experience in nutrition related programmes. Prior experience in INGOs/UN is highly desirable.
- Fluency (level C) in English language, Urdu, and other local languages.