Under the general guidance of the Communications Officer (NO-1), the Programme Associate (Comms/Digital) will be responsible in supporting the design, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of UNICEF’s digital communication strategy, in support of the Philippine Country Office’s overall communication and advocacy strategy and UNICEF’s Global Communication and Advocacy Strategic Framework.
The role involves close collaboration Programme section’s staff members particularly on crafting and delivering a strategy for social media channels, the UNICEF website, and other digital communication plans.
Under the general guidance of the Communications Officer, the post shall undertake the following:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the UNICEF Philippines digital communication strategy, with a specific emphasis on producing content and engaging with supporters, influencers and youth.
- Produce, prepare and publish content on the UNICEF Philippines website, social media accounts, and other digital channels, ensuring that key deadlines are met for the dissemination of time-sensitive content. Maintain the digital content calendar.
- Support in identifying and gathering stories by connecting and collaborating with programme across the office and keeping watch of relevant field visits and implementations.
- Keep abreast with UNICEF’s global, regional and country office digital communication strategies, directions and calendar.
- Support in managing and archiving multimedia and knowledge assets of the Communication Section.
- Engage with online audiences and monitor follower sentiment on social media channels, as guided by the Communication Officer (Digital).
- Generate, analyse and report on website and social media analytics from native and other tools.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in Communications, Journalism, Marketing and other related to the work of the organization.
- At least 6 years total work experience of which 2 years are as a webmaster or web content manager, preferably with a development organization plus journalism experience, and of writing features for the web.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining social media accounts (as user, manager and/or contributor), especially Facebook and Twitter, as well as experience with new media executions; knowledge and understanding of Web 2.0 as well as local and global digital landscape and trends;
- Highly analytical and has proven planning and organizational skills
- Previous UNICEF, UN and/or INGO experience in a similar role is highly desirable.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are:
- Applying technical expertise
- Planning and organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Relating and networking