Women’s Fund Asia (WFA) seeks Programme Associate for its Institutional Building Team, who will support the Programme Officer (PO)- Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation in successfully executing & managing the portfolio and will work across various teams to ensure that mandate and expectations as set out by WFA is met.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support in the capturing and maintenance of results achieved in WFA’s programmes.
- Ensure the quality of the grant-making programme is maintained through provision of systematic support to the grants team to undertake efficient grants monitoring.
- Coordinate the process of collecting data and undertake its analysis especially around the accountability, effectiveness and impact of our programmes, at an institutional level.
- Coordinate and/or support in the coordination of periodic evaluations, reviews and research(es).
- Support in the development and maintenance of the MEL system, which is currently in Salesforce.
- Support in the periodic reporting of results achieved to WFA’s Senior Management Team, Board and donors.
Other Programme support
- Develop and analyse regional, thematic, issue, and constituency-based information that will feed into internal and external reports, as well as programme and outreach strategy.
- Coordinate spaces for learning and participatory evaluation among other MEL events.
- Provide support to POs in external outreach spaces as well as spaces hosted by WFA.
- Work with the communications and outreach teams and support in articulation of impacts and results of the organisations externally.
- Participate in cross-functional work-teams as required.
- Periodically represent WFA at events or meetings as instructed.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, law, or another relevant subject.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the social justice sector, especially within a feminist organization, in the region and at least 2 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation is a requisite.
- Previous experience of Feminist Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable skills in data management is a requisite
- Knowledge of feminist movements in Southeast Asia, and familiarity with regional economic, political, social, and cultural trends.
- Excellent management skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual office setting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a must.
- Ability to work with mutual respect in a diverse and multicultural environment is a must.
- Ability to undertake extensive local and international travel.
Terms and Conditions
- 1-year renewable contract will be issued once selected. Ability to join immediately is preferable (within a month of selection confirmation).
- The current remuneration for the position is between USD 1120 to USD 1200 per month. In case the individual is based out of home, then an office running stipend will also be provided. The remuneration will be commensurate with work experience and skills.
- There will be a 6 months’ probation period, during which the contract can be concluded without the notice period. The incumbent will be internally evaluated before being confirmed.
- The performance evaluation for this contract will be in line with 12 months, which means that after confirmation on 6 months’ probation, it will be due with the next contract. The contract can be ended by a notice of 30 working days or remuneration of 30 working days in lieu of notice.
- The organization has a zero tolerance to sexual harassment at work place; as well as any form of discrimination on any grounds including but not limited to sex, gender, sexual orientation, class, caste, race, and disability; the practice of which could result in immediate termination of services with no compensation, reference, or experience certificates.
- The impact of sound judgment, decision‐making, and management in this job function is of utmost importance to the organisation and its overall ongoing success.
How to Apply
We encourage women and trans* persons to apply for the position, and are especially grateful for applications from those who identify as lesbian, bisexual, queer, trans* people, intersex people, and people with disabilities. The candidate should be based in the mandated countries of WFA.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter. Please apply on or before 30 December 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Programme Associate”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 20 January 2021. Please visit our website www.womensfundasia.org and review the terms of reference and requirements before applying.