United Nations Children's Fund, New York, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
This is a General Services Temporary position, under the direct supervision of the Chief of Operations and Finance for Education Cannot Wait Secretariat. The Programme Assistant will provide dedicated administrative support to members of the secretariat. This includes coordination of travel, and facilitating external/ internal meetings, and assist with the onboarding of new staff members. The duration of this post is 364 days with the possibility of extension.
- Provide dedicated administrative support to the staff members and consultants of Education Cannot Wait, for coordination of travel and other administrative duties.
- Supports effective administration of meeting and events organized by the Secretariat
- Initiate, monitor and follow up on personnel-related matters of staff.
- Support office accommodation, movement/installation of office furniture and equipment; procure computer hardware/software
- Support the procurement of office supplies
- Support recruitment and on-boarding of Secretariat staff members.
- Process travel requests issued by the Secretariat in line with UNICEF procedures.
- Process contract and direct invoices as per UNICEF’s policy
- Support with contracting processes
- Supports the overall administration of the Secretariat
- Provide assistance in planning, coordination and set up of operations and financing activities of the Secretariat.
- Coordinates and monitors multiple and diverse activities and work processes to ensure that management directives and decision are properly carried out and products are delivered in a timely manner (e.g, travel arrangements, visa applications, equipment purchases, service and supply requisitions, conference room bookings, etc.)
- Support ECW secretariat Ad hoc Administrative tasks as required
- Exercise attention to detail and quality control for all outgoing documents; proofreads and edits text for adherence for format, grammar, punctuation and style.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in providing progressively responsible administrative support services is required.
- Working knowledge of UNICEF systems, policies and procedures is considered an asset.
- Non-US candidates must be in possession of a valid US G-4 visa or be a US permanent resident/citizen before commencing their appointment.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems is required.
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communications skills is highly desired.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities is highly desired.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment is highly desired.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals and to provide guidance to more junior support staff
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language would be an asset
- Familiarity with various computer software packages (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) as well as web-based management systems
- Good knowledge of UN administrative policies, procedures, and processes
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision while exercising good judgment and prioritize tasks Sound organisational skills and abilities
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team.