The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
At this level, job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various technical queries. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis.
To assist the Directorate of Primary Education (DPE) in integrating standard data collection and reporting arrangements for the school feeding programme and operationalizing the online reporting. The jobholder will report to the Programme Officer (Capacity Support).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Act as the focal point to assist and advise the relevant Government officials in mainstreaming the School Feeding (SF) reporting using the online database;
- Support the relevant ICT officials in DPE and identify the gaps in technical knowledge and skills, required to operationalize the online database for the school feeding programme;
- Prepare the training plan and materials and support in organizing necessary orientations/trainings to the relevant DPE officials and NGOs;
- Facilitate Training of Trainers (ToTs) for the DPE officials to operationalize the online reporting for school feeding;
- Assist DPE officials to agree on arrangements with the partner NGOs on the use of the online database;
- Assist DPE in allocating resources and human capital to ensure SF database operates sustainably;
- Support the establishment of the Cash Based Transfer system for school meals;
- Work closely with DPE and WFP officials to implement necessary changes and/or modifications in the existing online database, and as necessary to diversify the school feeding modality;
- Continue providing necessary technical backstopping supports to operationalize the database and undertake field visits, as necessary;
- Provide technical support to extract, interpret, analyses data and to resolve operational problems;
- Assist the relevant DPE officials in fine-tuning the technical details of the database and revise the guidelines with instructions on use of the database; and
- Perform other related duties as required in mainstreaming database for the development of the database for reporting.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Familiarity with the school feeding programme, Government’s policy and strategy on introducing MIS/reporting system under social safety net and the IT solutions used by various service provider for online reporting.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfil the needs of internal and external partners.
- Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance: Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
- Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers): Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
- Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas: Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
- Emergency Programming: Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
- Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government: Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Excellent written and oral/communications skills in both English and Bangla
Knowledge & Skills: Strong technical skills and functional knowledge of developing web-based databases using Oracle-11G, ASP.Net, C# .Net, Entity Framework, LINQ, HTML 5, CSS 3, RDLC, Java Scripts and also Microsoft Access with VBA programming skill, Excellent database design and management skills, particularly with MS Access and Strata. Proficient computer skills in other MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel, MS Word etc.; and At least 3 years of experience in preparing/developing online reporting systems;
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has worked with technical teams.
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.