WFP Yemen is currently seeking a Programme Associate (Nutrition) to provide effective specialised support and technical analyses to nutrition policy and programme activities that effectively meet nutritional needs of vulnerable people. This position will specifically be focussed on supporting the WFP partnership with the Ministry of Public Health and Population
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition) and the overall supervision of the Head of Nutrition, the Programme Associate (Nutrition) will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Establish strong communication channels with AO programme and Field offices discussing challenges faced in GHO implementation and finding joint solutions as well as follow up for timely submission of GHOs distribution plans and FRNs on bimonthly basis including other Non-Food Items support.
- Provide project management support to nutrition-related programmes, projects and activities, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes and projects that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Ensure timely report submission for CPDRs in regular basis from GHOs and provide a progress reports and data analysis to ensure that the TSFP activities are performed by GHO within the established as well as ensuring that the implementing supervision by MoPHP and GHOs conducted have reports reviewed and analysed and following up action points and processing/finalizing related MoPHP payments, documenting and archiving.
- Support the preparation of presentations, reports and data analysis on nutrition programmes and policies and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control in consultation with the programme IMO.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the nutrition technical area and consistency of information presented to stakeholders. Including coordinate and communicate with partners and WFP field staff for timely and accurate reporting of nutrition activities including data entry into the corporate M&E platforms to ensure efficient delivery and management of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners including government on nutrition policies, programmes, strategies, action plans, protocols, guidelines, manuals etc.
- Provide support for operational partnerships, including inter-agency collaboration, to ensure a strong response to nutrition as well as contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to support effective collaboration and follow up on processes related to MoPHP payments
- Coordinate the organisation of meetings including coordination meetings of Ministry of Health, and workshops with partners, and maintain up to date database of partners.
- Others as required
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfil the needs of internal and external partners.
- Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
- Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers) Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
- Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
- Emergency Programming Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
- Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience including at least three (3) years’ experience in Nutrition.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic & English languages
Nationality: Yemeni National / valid work/residency permit holders only