UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, an Advocate
If you are committed and passionate about making a lasting difference for children, UNICEF Turkey would like to hear from you.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme associate supports the respective section by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to programme development, planning and execution
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Support in resource mobilization
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building
Support to programme development, planning and execution
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, and proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
Support in resource mobilization
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
Support in knowledge management and capacity building
- Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to programme processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English and Turkish languages is required. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are: Analyzing, Applying technical expertise, Planning and organizing, Following Instructions and Procedures