UN Women, Lilongwe, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Support in the formulation of Programme Strategies
- Collect and present background information for the preparation of effective application of Result Based Management (RBM) tools.
- Provide programme and administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans and budgets on programme implementation arrangements.
- Prepare quarterly program performance tracking reports and any strategic documents to country office as part of knowledge management
- With the support from the supervisor, identify new programme areas and develop concept notes for resource mobilization.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
- Support GBG team to identify necessary expertise (for capacity building in supported partners etc) and develop TORs for experts
- Supports the analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and related to the thematic/sectorial areas assigned and preparation of substantive inputs to the UN Women country office programme planning in those areas.
Programme Management Support
- Support the Programme Team in the implementation of the control mechanisms for development projects through monitoring of budget preparation and modifications.
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Support the Programme Team in the financial management of Programmes.
- Provide guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
- Provide necessary information for the audit of programmes/projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, Regional Office, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Support the Programme team in the tracking and reporting on mobilized resources.
Administrative and Financial Management Support to the Programme Unit
- Review of Financial Reports and ensure maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed; transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects and registers of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Prepare cost sharing, and trust fund agreements, follow up on contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts.
Facilitation of Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management.
- Support synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in programme finance.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Support organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Education and Experience
- Completion of Secondary Education plus certificate/Diploma in Economics, Development, Gender, Women’s Law and human rights related disciplines, Social Sciences or related field is an asset related field. University degree or equivalent in these fields or related , is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Prior experience working with government of Malawi and UN system or donor organizations will be an asset
- Development/programming skills particularly those that are pertinent to UN Women strategic priorities on gender issues and women’s rights
- Ability to support formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and project
- Knowledge of Results Based Management principles and approaches
- Ability to maintain networks and partnerships with UN agencies and other international partners to promote partnership and build alliances to advance organizational interests and competencies
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of official national language essential
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=67811