The post ensures effective delivery of CO programme focused on programme operations support, including administrative requirements for portfolio management and programme-wide planning, consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Reporting structure and partners: Reports to Programme Manager, Systems Strengthening. Works in close collaboration with the entire Country Office team, State Offices, Regional Centre, UNDP HQ and the Global Shared Services Unit (GSSU), and project staff to resolve programme related issues and exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supports formulation of programme and operational strategies and implementation of the Country Programme through:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for preparation of CCA, UNDAF, CPD, effective application of RBM tools and establishment of management targets;
- Presentation of background information for formulation of country programme, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
Provides support for duties related to financial control in the office, through:
- Facilitate management of the project’s finance system ensuring efficient compliance to project requirements. Ensure that appropriate control and reporting structures are maintained in accordance with UNDP procedures and guidelines
- Prepare annual project work plan budget in consultation with the project team and in alignment with the financial agreements
- Enter and monitor project budget/revisions in UNDP ERP system, conduct regular analysis and report on budget and delivery status to UNDP Team Leader
- Undertake regular review of project reports from UNDP ERP system to control and manage cost sharing deficits.
- Monitor proper follow up of advances to implementing partners, review their financial reports together with Unit Team Leader/Project Manager
- Assist in the project and financial closure activities in consultation with UNDP Finance Unit
- Prepare draft of cost-sharing agreements, financing agreements and other partnership agreements for mobilization of resources adhering to standard corporate donor agreement templates
- Prepare and review budgets of cost-sharing agreements/financing agreements to ensure correctness of financial project cost and cost recovery component as per the guidelines,
- Coordinate on release of the contributions including compiling and processing information from donors and project team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitate preparation of Statement of Expenditures and Utilization Certificates against the expenditure incurred under the Memorandum of Agreements with donors in consultation with UNDP Finance Unit.
- Prepare financial reports for submission to donor as per the reporting requirements in consultation with the UNDP Finance Unit
- Follow-ups with vendors for timely submission of deliverables and invoices for settlement of payments
- Maintain proper filing system of financial documentation and audit review
Provides effective support to management of the CO programme through:
- Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects;
- Responsible for planning, preparing and monitoring the implementation of HACT desk reviews and micro assessments as well as the HACT assurance plan for all projects in the programme portfolio;
- Presentation of information for audit of DIM and NIM projects, support to implementation of audit recommendations.
Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit through:
- Review of NIM projects Financial Reports;
- Submitting requests for creation and approval of PO and non-PO vouchers as well as vendor creation with supporting documentation to GSSU. Timely corrective actions on payment vouchers if/as requested by GSSU;
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas for development projects;
- Combined Delivery Report (CDR) finalized and signed;
- Draft correspondence relating to Unit. Maintains policy, confidentiality and general management files;
- Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats;
- Coordination of all arrangements for travel and logistics of Unit;
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports, as required.
Supports resource mobilization through:
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor profiles;
- Track and report on mobilized resources. Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
Supports facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO through:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme related issues;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance or Administration. University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years (or 3 years with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Language Requirements:
- Fluency in English and working language of the duty station