Programme Associate, Volunteer Systems
United Nations Development Programme, Bonn, Germany
Closing Date for Applications:
The Volunteer Solutions Section (VSS) ensures provision of high-quality volunteer service offering by UNV, including up to date volunteer modalities, key elements of volunteer management cycle, online volunteering, full-funding volunteer policies, systems and management tools. VSS works in close collaboration with UNV units in headquarters, the Regional Offices and Field Units to provide a wide range of specialized products and tools to support onsite and online volunteer mobilization, engagement and management.
- UNV is undergoing digital transformation to better serve its UN partners and effectively support the delivery of the 2030 Agenda by deploying UN Volunteers worldwide faster and at a reduced cost of operations.
- The UNV Digital Transformation will lead to new organizational capabilities with new systems supported by frontier technologies. Central to this transformation is development of the ‘Unified Volunteer Platform (UVP)’ which will bring together all aspects of volunteer management, including both online and onsite UN Volunteers.
- Reporting to the Programme Specialist, Volunteer Systems, the Programme Associate, Volunteer Systems supports the project team to achieve successful launch and adoption of the Unified Volunteer Platform (UVP).
Duties and Responsibilities
System testing before and after UVP launch
- Lead the testing efforts for all pre-launch and after-launch development sprints and deployments of new functionalities developed by the Information and Communications Technology Unit (ICTU) and/or external vendors for the UVP;
- Conduct regression testing as well as ad-hoc UVP testing as required;
- Lead user testing sessions to observe users’ interactions with UVP, record their feedback and report back to the project team;
- Participate in development, programming, debugging and implementation meetings of UVP and related volunteer management systems;
- Support the implementation of the different components and tracks of UVP using innovation, design thinking and prototyping, while ensuring coherence, taxonomy alignment and logical integration.
System demonstrations and training to various audiences
- Prepare various demonstration and knowledge materials to support adoption of the UVP by all audiences;
- Conduct demonstration sessions as per demand from internal and external audiences;
- Organize training sessions for UVP users; arrange for briefings and demonstrations of other corporate and user-developed systems;
- Conduct online and onsite training sessions to various audiences, including hands-on trainings;
- Collect user feedback from demonstrations and training sessions in a structured way for further implementation consideration by the project team;
- Share synthesis of lessons learned and best practices directly linked to systems management;
- Guide UNV personnel on procedures and actions to be performed in new volunteer management applications related to operational matters, liaising closely with the Programme Specialist Volunteer Systems, UNV Digital Transformation project team and ICTU team.
Service desk tier 1 on UVP systems-related enquiries
- Closely monitor and respond to user needs, questions and general enquiries using UNV’s corporate service desk platform (salesforce);
- Provide remote technical support to Regional Offices and Field Unit personnel as required;
- Provide prompt and accurate technical guidance to client queries. Liaise with ICTU and UNV Digital Transformation project team for specific inputs as necessary;
- Draft technical notes for general orientation of internal stakeholders;
- Draft knowledge articles and chatbot intents to increase the share of enquiries responded on the service desk tier 0 level (self-service and chatbots);
- Generate monthly reports on helpdesk services, classify problems reported, corrective measures taken and cases for critical attention. Propose improvements and system reconfiguration as considered necessary. Identify specific ways to leverage and expedite support.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education;
- Supplementary training in information technology, editing/writing/publishing, software testing, and knowledge sharing, and learning provision is considered an asset.
- 7 years of relevant experience in web development, systems support or systems training provision;
- Experience in drafting, writing and editing in English.
- Fluency in English;
- Proficiency in French and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Strong writing and editing skills.