About Oxfam India
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 21 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Scope of Work & Responsibilities
For this role, Oxfam India is looking for a passionate and experienced fundraiser to expand its funding portfolio. An ideal candidate should be able to deliver on targets and convey complex programme ideas into simple, lucid and intelligible formulation for the partner-client. The position requires building new partnerships and funding through various Oxfam Affiliates, their home donors as well as non-home donors along with retention of existing partnerships by effective donor management. The illustrative list of core responsibilities of this role are:
- Establishing new funding partnerships and manage relationships: Identify and maintaining a list of potential Institutional home donors (international foundations and Trusts, bi &multi-lateral donors) of various Oxfam Affiliates and non-home donors through Oxfam International as well as through related open call for proposals. The candidate need to be aware of donor specific funding preferences; deadlines for proposal submission; track progress of proposals, submission dates, budgets, meeting briefs etc; Ensure the responsive and timely management of all administrative aspects of the donor relationships including donor visits. The ideal candidate will be required to also engage with Regional Business Development Manager (RBDM) at Oxfam in Asia (OiA).
- Coordination with the Programme & Finance teams: Facilitate development of concept notes, proposals, budgets, quality donor report and answering donor queries by working closely with state teams and theme teams in Delhi.
- Contract Management & Due-Diligence: Provide leadership in all aspects of contract management including administration and compliance issues. Also collate all necessary information for auditing, monitoring & reporting.
- Qualifications and Experience: Looking for a Graduate with a minimum 5 years of experience and good understanding of Institutional donors, with measurable success in institutional fundraising. The candidate must have excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills. He/she must be a self-starter requiring minimal support and be able to collaborate across teams.
- Relocation: During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India
- Travel: Ability to travel within country and abroad as required