Programme Development and Quality Manager
GOAL , Sierra Leone
Closing Date for Applications:
Reporting to the Assistant Country Director – Programmes (ACD-P) the Programme Development and Quality Manager (PDQ) will ensure collaborative and consultative proposal development processes, submission of timely and high quality donor proposals and reporting, sharing of accurate and up to date grant tracking information and contribute to the evaluation and review of programme progress and adaptation. The position also provides broader programme support as needed, including project work around accountability, communications and advocacy and working to encourage an environment of continuous learning and improvement within the GOAL team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Actively identify and track funding opportunities, key donor priorities and approaches; liaise directly with donors and consortia partner on the same as appropriate.
- Arrange and facilitate proposal design/programme development meetings, ensuring participation of ACDP and relevant colleagues such as technical coordinators, ACDS, Finance, AC from across the different sub-teams, and consortia partners as necessary.
- Work with programme and finance teams to develop cohesive, quality concept notes and proposals, ensuring internal and external deadlines met and technical expertise/knowledge incorporated.
- Maintain updated file of key organisational information required for proposals, and of all prior proposals submitted, for staff induction, learning and future reference purposes (with support).
- Maintain a funding tracker to monitor donor pipeline opportunities and, in support of PC/PMs, proactively identify funding gaps to be filled.
- Support ACDP, PCs and PMs to effectively mainstream cross-cutting issues such as gender equity and social inclusion and quality standards.
- Keep updated grants and proposal tracking records to ensure all responsible staff are aware of deadlines and reporting requirements
- Coordinate, collate and assist programme staff with writing donor grant reports to ensure timely delivery of quality reporting, highlighting progress and achievement against plans.
- Coordinate Grant Management Meetings, disseminating grants/proposal documents, and responding to information requests from the field and other partners.
- In collaboration with the MEAL and programme coordinators, update programme briefing packs to be used for external audiences.
- Ensure familiarity with GOAL’s strategic objectives and with compliance issues for GOAL and current and potential donors.
- Meet with Programme Coordinators and Managers on a regular basis to keep abreast of progress against implementation plan and identify areas where support is required.
- From these identified areas, conduct specific pieces of work focussing on programme evaluation, review, learning and assessment as agreed with the ACD-P and M&E Coordinator.
- Coordinate the information flow between programmes and senior management, facilitate learning meetings and reviews.
- Provide training/support to programme staff/teams on identified areas for improvement as pertains to grant management, reporting, proposal writing or evaluation of programmes as and when needed.
- Support GOAL’s work towards adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards, including in country milestones in the membership and accreditation process.
- Represent GOAL to external stakeholders as agreed with the ACD-P.
- Communication and Information Management.
- Take a lead on ensuring clear and complete documentation of grants and programme documents accessible to colleagues in all GOAL SL offices, including oversight of the SharePoint site.
- Coordinate with PCs, PMs and M&E Unit to ensure collection and proactive use of beneficiary case studies, photos, field reports and other information to demonstrate effectively to different audiences the achievements (and challenges) of programmes implemented.
- Review materials to ensure quality and adherence to Code of Conduct and other guidelines, and liaise with CD, ACDP and ACDS for correct level sign off.
- Develop a communications plan in lieu with the Annual Country Plan 2019, GOAL Global communications policy and GOAL SL country strategy.
- Ensure production of quarterly Programme Updates, Newsletters, Briefing Papers and information Pack etc as established in the Communications Plan, for distribution to donors, clusters, working groups, supporters etc.
- Compile and edit country programme Annual Report and internal updates/reports for ACDP and CD.
- With the support of the ACDP, continually adapt and improve the PDQ and reporting process.
- At the request of the ACD-P, take responsibility for other duties in line with the responsibilities outlined in this job description.
Key Performance Objectives
- To ensure collaborative and consultative proposal development processes, submission of timely and high-quality donor proposals.
- Ensure collaborative and quality donor report writing and timely submission.
- Contribute to the evaluation and review of programme progress and adaptation as part of the programme quality.
- Ensure accountability and better communications both internally and externally and information management in GOAL SL programme.
Behaviors (Values in practice)
- Act as a representative of GOAL and demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children and vulnerable adults both in your private and professional lives.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ working experience in a managerial capacity particularly grants management, communication, and accountability.
- Experience working with large donors e.g. DFID, USAID, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Irish Aid, CW or similar.
- Strong and good coordination with donors and other stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated practical experience in Comms and MEAL methodology to ensure programme quality and data analysis and report writing.
- Demonstrated skills in analysing, interpreting, and communicating information to various stakeholders
- Advanced skills with MS Office (particularly Excel) and experience designing applications/forms with ODK-based digital data collection software (e.g. CommCare, SurveyCTO, ODK, iFormBuilder, Kobo, etc.) Experience working with Power BI preferred.
- Good communication, interpersonal and motivational skills, and a proven ability to collaborate with a team under challenging field conditions
- Experience in capacity strengthening and partnership building, with the ability to empower staff through opportunities for growth & development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work well with people, good judgment and commitment to GOAL’s objectives and policies.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).