Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
The Country Operations Team provides high quality support services and strategic advice to countries, programmes and Oxford divisions for an optimal use of donors' and Oxfam resources.
The Programme Development Finance team provides expert donor related advise and support across the Organisation including donor financial requirements, proposal development, budget design, cost recovery, risk mitigation strategies, etc.
Reporting to the Country Operations Manager, the Programme Development Finance Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing advisory support to countries and programmatic teams in regards to strategic donor insight, proposal development, programmatic design
- Building and managing relationships with donors in regards to opportunities and allowable cost frameworks / approaches.
- Managing the Programme Development Finance Advisor and the Programme Development Sr Finance Analyst and supporting professional development plans.
- Establishing seamless working dynamics with the Programme Oversight Team, PFP, Restricted Funds Financial Oversight Team Global Programme Accountants, P &P, Countries and nodes to ensure efficient budget design phase of proposal development.
- Enabling financial and commercial support to proposals including review of budgets, engagement with country teams, etc.
- Working with Bids & Frameworks team to refine policy and process for setting tender day rates based on an understanding of cost drivers and commercial/financial risk.
- Negotiating with the Confederation, the OI line management and countries for the adoption of new compliance and recovery practices.
- Supporting budget design to maximise income and cost recovery from donor contracts and minimise losses.
What we are looking for
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of a track record of strong results delivery with a proven record of effectively managing teams.
- Recognised accountancy qualification or significant experience in donor budgeting.
- Knowledge and understanding of institutional donors’ rules, requirements and ways of working in relation to programme funding, with specific emphasis on cost recovery principles and payment by results.
- Thorough knowledge of country operational challenges and context, expertise in budget design/articulation, and thorough understanding of risk interactions.
- Equally experienced and comfortable working on commercial, tender and/ or grant
- Modalities and with experience of project management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders and generate change
- Location: OXFORD (OXFAM HOUSE)
- Hours: 36 per week
- Salary: £40,000 or above per annum, depending on experience
- Region: Finance & Info Systems
- Job Family: Finance
- Division: Finance & IS
- Job Type: Open ended
- Closing Date: 12 November 2018
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please visit the link below to find out more information or to apply.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.