Programme Finance Officer (Egyptian Nationals Only)
UN Women, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Administration and Implementation of Operational Strategies:
- Work in full compliance with UN/UN Women rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial records/ reporting system;
- Contribution to the Country Office Finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with office management;
- Contribution to effective execution of operational strategies, focusing on accuracy and conformity with the established administrative rules and regulations.
Financial control, due diligence and risk management for the Development Projects and Implementing Partners (IPs):
- Improve capacity of IPs to effectively manage funds, by providing trainings and capacity building activities;
- Mitigating and minimize risks related to the utilization of funds and cash transfers through assessment of the IPs’ financial management capacity, field monitoring and annual reviews;
- Support improving the IPs’ internal financial controls through assurance activities;
- Checking accuracy of Projects and IPs’ reporting on the use of funds and cash transfers; and providing support as required;
- Perform proper controls and due diligence for the projects payments and advances’ liquidations, and raising any significant issues with the supervisor and project manager for resolution;
- Maintain auditable records of all expenditure reviewed against source documents by Implementing Partners and Projects;
- Act as the focal point for the Audits on projects and IPs;
- Preparation and follow up on the implementation of the Audit action plan and recommendations;
- Support the implementation of the UN Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfer (HACT) as required.
Support to Country Office’s Programme and Operations Management:
- Maintenance of the projects’ internal expenditures control system, ensuring that transactions are correctly recorded;
- Verification and reconciliation of various expenditures reports and PDRs as required;
- Periodic monitoring of dashboards and exceptions, identification of the remedial actions in coordination with the supervisor;
- Support the Programme team in tracking the outstanding advances and prompt follow up of overdue Financial Reports;
- Support the preparation of project budge, and the preparation of projects cost sharing agreements and trust fund agreements;
- Support the maintenance of the Accounts Receivables for projects and follow-up with partners on contributions;
- Support to Programme team on donor reporting requirements and monitoring of financial reports to donor;
- Support project closure activities, ensuring operational and financial due diligence;
- Provision of the information/reports on programmes, identification of operational and financial problems, and proposal of solutions;
- Support the Country Office Audit, and support to the implementation of the Audit recommendations.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, and guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters:
- Guidance to the UN Women Country Office and Projects’ staff on financial management of projects;
- Facilitate the organization of training for the Operations/Project/Programme Staff on financial management;
- Compilation of lessons learned and best practices in programme finance;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance and and/or in Business or Public Administration, Economics is required.
- Minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and/or finance is required at the national or international level in public and/or not-for-profit organizations;
- Proficiency in using computers and standard office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Experience in handling of web based management systems will be considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.