Programme Implementation Officer
International Atomic Energy Agency , Vienna, Austria
Closing Date for Applications:
The Division of Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Waste Technology (NEFW) comprises the Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Materials Section, the Waste Technology Section, the Decommissioning & Environmental Remediation Section and the Research Reactor Section. The Division seeks to support Member States in building their capacity to access technologies, to share good practices and to develop safe and effective approaches across all aspects of research reactors, nuclear fuel cycle, decommissioning, radioactive waste management and environmental remediation.
- Reporting to the Division Director, the Programme Implementation Officer, acts as a focal point to the Division Management on programme development and delivery. He/She keeps an oversight of the implementation of the planned activities within agreed timelines and budget limitations. The Programme Implementation Officer provides technical expertise to the Division Director on e-tools and v-tools strategy, supports the continuous improvement and maintenance of e-tools, in establishing harmonized approaches to the development and provision of content, provides co-ordination across the range of Professional Networks and e-tools owners of the division and act as point of contact for functional requirements and generic implementation. He/She supports Professional staff in promoting the efficient and effective usage of collaboration tools, raising awareness of e-tools and v-tools inside and outside the Agency and establishing partnership.
- The Programme Implementation Officer is a: (i) a programme controller, assisting the Division Director and managers for planning and implementation follow-up of the budget and contributing expertise to the development and continuous improvement of the eLearning, web-based portals and collaboration platforms; (ii) a project officer, assisting the team in formulating project proposals and initiatives in cooperation with the Technical Cooperation Department (TC); (iii) a liaison officer for partnership and resource mobilization with counterparts at universities / institutes and other organization in the domain of the division; (iv) a promoter, communicating and supporting the use of collaboration tools, including the CONNECT platform and learning management systems, among Network participants and other interested users in Member States, and coordinates the effective communication and promotion of Professional Network activities among all participants, and more broadly.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Provide support to the Division Management on programme development and delivery, identify and implement approaches and techniques to achieve programme targets.
- Provide quality assurance and oversight of programme and project documents and serve as Divisional focal point for results-based management and evaluation.
- Ensure effective and practical support is provided to staff managing and using e-tools and v-tools
- Under the guidance of the Division Director, develop and coordinate the implementation of a promotion plan for raising awareness of our e-tools as a resource to a wide range of stakeholders
- In collaboration with the team, develop and coordinate the implementation of a targeted partnership plan to facilitate localization of our e-resources and member states contributions to our e-tools, such as information sharing on the networks or case studies for the wiki
- Support project managers to create a detailed project plan identifying and sequencing its activities and including a schedule that effectively allocates available resources for specific outputs, e.g publications and e-tools in line with governance documents.
- Establish and manage mechanisms for exchange of information, knowledge management and lessons learned at the division level
- Assess progress towards the achievement of project results in line with quality management standards. Identify lessons learned and propose adaptations and innovations to monitoring and assessment mechanisms and tools.
- Monitor all budgeted project expenditures with the Implementation Assistants and ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Develop and maintain networks and partnerships with national institutions and relevant stakeholders, Interact and provide advocacy work on publications and e-tools.
- Contribute to resource mobilization activities, proposing activities/projects requiring additional funding and identifying funding options.
- Prepare project progress reports. Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase, prepare various written outputs, documentation, analysis and reports and coordinate timely submission of those prepared by others.
Qualifications, Experience and Language skills
- Bachelor's Degree - University degree in business administration, management, economics, finance, or other related field.
Other - Master’s degree an asset.
- Minimum of five years of experience in programme planning, monitoring, reporting, analysis and assessment or a related field.
- Excellent computer skills in all the common applications required for word processing, data analysis, graphs, report preparation; knowledgeable in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications (ORACLE).
- Experience in marketing approaches related to the promotion and mobilization, and in line with the expertise requested.
- Experience in using and/or developing content for e-tools and web-based solutions.
- Experience in collecting, analyzing and reporting statistical data, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various methodologies and tools.
- Excellent oral and written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.