Background Information - Job-specific
The Livelihoods and Food Security Fund (LIFT) is a multi-donor fund set up in 2009, marking its ten-year anniversary this year. LIFT aims to strengthen the resilience and sustainable livelihoods of poor households by helping people to reach their full economic potential. This is achieved through increasing incomes, improving the nutrition of women and children, and decreasing vulnerabilities to shocks, stresses and adverse trends.
LIFT is a significant actor in Myanmar’s development. To date, over 11.6 million people in 75 per cent of Myanmar’s townships have benefitted from LIFT’s programmes. From January 2019, LIFT has been guided by a new five-year strategy that puts ‘leaving no one behind’ at the centre and will in particular focus on social inclusion and cohesion, increased support to areas affected by conflict, bringing displaced people into LIFT’s development programmes and working with Government at all levels on targeted policies that achieve gains in these areas.
LIFT has received funding from altogether 15 international donors since it was established. The current donors are the UK, the EU, Australia, Switzerland, the US, Canada and Ireland.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Manager, the Program Management Office Senior Assistant will ensure full compliance of UNOPS rules and regulations and policies by carrying out following duties:
Administration and Logistics support
- Arrange trips and field visits and coordinate all related logistics and administrative matters such as preparation of travel reservations, travel authorization, field trip plans, and process travel entitlements.
- Visa facilitation, obtaining appointments, preparing travel authorizations, arranging for local transportation/flight tickets, hotel accommodation, etc. for consultants and other visitors.
- Assist in organizing workshops, meetings, events and trainings such as arrangements of venues and catering, preparing handouts, handling of petty cash requests and operational cash advances and other requirements.
- Assist the MMOC Asset Focal person in the asset verification.
- Undertake low value procurement in line with the UNOPS Procurement Manual including raising requisitions, assist in preparation of specifications and TOR, obtaining quotations, evaluation; prepare purchase orders, contract management and payments.
Documentation and Filing
- Responsible for document management, including file closures and archiving in the unit;
- Research and provide information as requested.
- Assist in updating and editing the database as required.
- Prepare project communication, documentation, reports and contracts, checking accuracy and compliance with UNOPS formats and style as requested by the supervisor.
- Assisting in preparation of material needed for workshops, seminars, briefings.
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Interact with colleagues, clients and partners to exchange vital information on programme issues and seek cooperation to resolve routine programme issues and process problems; identify risks and refer complex issues to supervisor with recommendation for course of action.
- Assist in drafting of projects reports, informational materials in English and Myanmar on project implementation to be used by relevant Funds’ donors; visitors interested in the Funds, and the media (including media outreach material).
- Assist in briefing project personnel on UNOPS and LIFT procedures.
- Facilitate translation of documents and assist as a translator (English / Myanmar) when required.
- Draft routine correspondence, reports and papers related to the unit's work.
- Assist in the support to knowledge - building and knowledge sharing within the office.
- Ensure reports/documents for meetings are circulated in a timely manner.
- Perform other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Travel Note: Occasional travel may also be required.
- Secondary education is required. Specialized certification in a relevant field is desirable.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or any related field is desirable but not a requirement.
- Minimum 5 years of responsible administrative or programme support experience, preferably with international organization, is required.
- Proven experience and knowledge of project administration would be an asset.
- Previous successful involvement with and a good knowledge of NGOs & civil society would be an asset.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access) is required. Experience with Google Suite is highly preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Myanmar languages is required.