About the Organization
At Magic Bus, we enable children and young people to move out of poverty by ensuring they complete their secondary education, delay their age of marriage, and get jobs in the organised sector. We are looking for talented and driven individuals to help us deliver a long-term, sustainable and bold strategy aiming to reach a million children across India. If you want to be part of a concerted effort to change the future for children and young people and work towards making a significant difference to people living in poverty, then please look through our vacancies below.
Programme Manager shall Lead the delivery of the Magic Bus Livelihood programme at district level ensuring youth engaged with the employment exchange and are successfully placed in work or training Manage a team of help desk executives, Youth engagement Officers, Employer and Skilling agency Officer who will deliver high quality interventions from mobilization through to successful placement and transition support ensuring a sharp focus on outcomes. Manage partnerships at District level and contribute to strategic partnerships management at Regional and national levels.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
- Manage Magic Bus resources (budgets & Office), staff and local partners to ensure the full offer of employment exchange programme is available to youth in the district.
- Lead a team of staff delivering employment exchange programme at district level and manage all aspects of their performance.
- Achieve targets at each stage of intervention including mobilisation, boarding of youth and employers, counselling and placement in work or training.
- Support staff to do effective mobilisation, counselling of youth, identification of their strengths & limitations, training and life skills needs and overall targets for the programme.
- Formulate personal development plans for each youth that sets out their training schedule and work or training targets.
- Provide high quality career counseling and impartial Information, Advice and Guidance that empowers youth to make positive choices about potential careers.
- Oversee district level community need assessments and mapping exercises of other stakeholders in the local areas (government / NGO/ private and corporate foundations).
- Support the Regional head of Livelihood Programme with key updates.
- Ensure district level staff record interventions and activities with youth effectively and data is reported and analysed to improve the quality of work on ground with youth.
- Identify and respond to risks that could lead to youth dropping out of the programme.
- Work with employers to ensure adequate placement opportunities exist at a local level for youth completing the programme.
- Maintain partnerships with skills training providers to help youth enrolled under employment exchange programme to take the benefit of trainings.
- Monitor the effectiveness and quality of partner interventions and their training delivery.
- Documenting the best practices, Narrative reports, Case studies, and provide any other relevant update pertaining to the project.
- Work with colleagues in the Livelihood Programme teams at regional level to continuosly improve the quality of Magic Bus Livelihood (employment exchange and training) and ensure our work is always safe and enjoyable.
- Regional Programme Management teams – An ongoing collaboration within the team and create a conducive environment for sharing of information constructive criticism and suggestion alongside the regular progress of programmes.
- Sustainability /Fundraising team – Extend support to the Fundraising teams in creating descriptive as well as narrative reports among other things.
- Communications Team - To develop effective channel for internal as well as external communications, milestones achieved, success stories etc.
- Other support functions – to ensure adequate manpower, fund allocation & accuracy, technology enablement are in place.
Reporting : Regional Livelihood Head.
Mobility requirements: The role would be based out of Pune and would be required to travel in line with the requirements of the project and various external stakeholders for representing Magic Bus on outside fora if required from time to time.
- Strong operational and team management skills that can be tailored to lead Magic Bus staff, training partners, employers and local colleges.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Strong financial management skills including managing budgets and using staff and centre resources flexibly to meet need.
- Sharp focus on outcomes and how to shape interventions to achieve the maximum impact with youth on the programme.
- Build positive relationships with youth and motivate individuals to achieve defined targets of taking up work or further education.
- Able to undertake need assessments with youth that sensitively identify youth’s personal strengths and limitations.
- Can implement new processes and ways of working across an operational staff team.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to use own initiative to solve ground level problems
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends occasionally as required by programme.
Qualification & Work experience
- Relevant degree or similar professional qualification from a reputed institution.
- Experience of working with and achieving positive outcomes for disadvantaged 17-25 year olds or a portion of this age range.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with 2 years managerial experience of frontline staff delivering interventions to youth
- Exposure to Govt. departments and their way of functioning (desirable)
- Experience of handling Budget and doing financial and resource planning at local level.
- Knowledge of youth needs with regard to progressions into work or training.
- Direct experiene of career counseling and providing Information, Advice and Guidance to youth across a range of issues.
- Experience of need assessment and/or creating personal plans and targets with youth.
- Experience of either employability skills, job placement, Livelihood Programme or vocational training programmes either directly or indirectly
- Experience of reviewing progress against individual’s programme targets
- Experience of engaging with wider stakeholders in disadvantaged communities including parents, schools, colleges, panchayats.
- Experience of providing guidance and support to young people on a range of development issues including career or education choices.
- Experience of working with Partners and being accountable for youth placements
- Experience of managing high volume placement programmes which includes multi-level sourcing and placements
- Experience of working with colleges and placement drives in colleges