Magic Bus, Ulhasnagar, India
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization
At Magic Bus, we enable children and young people to move out of poverty by ensuring they complete their secondary education, delay their age of marriage, and get jobs in the organised sector. We are looking for talented and driven individuals to help us deliver a long-term, sustainable and bold strategy aiming to reach a million children across India. If you want to be part of a concerted effort to change the future for children and young people and work towards making a significant difference to people living in poverty, then please look through our vacancies below.
- Lead the delivery of the Magic Bus Livelihood Urban Rapid Recovery programme at district level ensuring youth & out of work Adults engaged with the employment exchange and are successfully placed in work or training.
- Lead the delivery of adolescent education intervention to support targeted families to improve regularity of adolescent in school.
- Manage a team of Help desk executives, Community engagement Officers, Employer and Placement Officers who will deliver high quality interventions from mobilization through to successful placement and transition support ensuring a sharp focus on outcomes.
- Manage partnerships at District level and contribute to strategic partnerships management at Regional and national levels.
- Manage Magic Bus resources (budgets & Office), staff and local partners to ensure the full offer of Urban Rapid Recovery programme is available to youth & out of work Adults in the district.
- Lead a team of staff at district level and manage all aspects of their performance.
- Lead critical project activities like Scoping study, Households mapping, Stakeholders mapping, etc.
- Achieve targets at each stage of intervention including mobilisation, boarding of youth & adults and employers, counselling and placement in work
- Support staff to do effective mobilisation of youth & adults, counselling, identification of their strengths & limitations, training and life skills needs and overall targets for the programme.
- Provide high quality career counseling and impartial Information, Advice and Guidance that empowers youth & out of work adults to make positive choices about potential careers.
- Oversee district level community need assessments and mapping exercises of other stakeholders in the local areas (government / NGO/ private and corporate foundations).
- Ensure district level staff record interventions and activities with youth & adults effectively and data is reported and analysed to improve the quality of work on ground
- Identify and respond to risks that could lead to youth & adults dropping out of the programme.
- Work with employers to ensure adequate placement opportunities exist at a local level for youth & adults registered in the programme.
- Documenting the best practices, Narrative reports, Case studies, and provide any other relevant update pertaining to the project.
- Work with colleagues in the Livelihood Programme teams at regional level to continuosly improve the quality of Magic Bus Livelihood (employment exchange and training) and ensure our work is always safe and enjoyable.
Responsibilities with regards to Adolescent intervention:
- Coordinate with all stakeholders: Education administrative officials, local School authorities, teaching staff, School Management committee and Municipal Councilor
- Working closely with HR, Sr. Trainer to plan capacity building programs / trainings for resource persons and organize their training schedules during joining and refresher as and when required
- Oversee delivery of life skill sessions by travelling to all respective locations on regular intervals
- Coordinate with internal team of Resource persons & Program Development team for training of the Life skill educators and Community volunteers
- Prepare and follow M& E plan for concurrent monitoring of process and progress
- Ensure regular reporting to the Regional Director on the progress of the program periodically.
- Strong operational and team management skills that can be tailored to lead Magic Bus staff, on-ground partners, employers and local agencies.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Strong financial management skills including managing budgets and using staff and centre resources flexibly to meet need.
- Sharp focus on outcomes and how to shape interventions to achieve the maximum impact with youth on the programme.
- Build positive relationships with youth and motivate individuals to achieve defined targets of taking up work or further education.
- Able to undertake need assessments with youth that sensitively identify youth’s personal strengths and limitations.
- Can implement new processes and ways of working across an operational staff team.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to use own initiative to solve ground level problems
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends occasionally as required by programme.
Qualification and Experience (essential unless otherwise stated):
- Relevant degree or similar professional qualification from a reputed institution. (Graduation is minimum qualification)
- Experience of working with and achieving positive outcomes for disadvantaged youth , out of work adults and education intervention
- Minimum 05 years of experience with 02 years managerial experience of frontline staff delivering interventions to youth and
- Exposure to Govt. departments and their way of functioning (desirable)
- Experience of handling Budget and doing financial and resource planning at local level.
- Direct experience of career counselling and providing Information, Advice and Guidance to youth across a range of issues and education intervention.
- Experience of need assessment and/or creating personal plans and targets with youth.
- Experience of either employability skills, job placement, Livelihood Programme or vocational training programmes either directly or indirectly
- Experience of reviewing progress against individual’s performance targets
- Experience of engaging with wider stakeholders in disadvantaged communities including parents, schools, colleges, panchayats, community leaders, civil society organizations, etc.
- Experience of providing guidance and support to young people on a range of development issues including career or education choices.
- Experience of working with Partners and being accountable for youth placements