Sightsavers, Yaounde, Cameroon
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Programme Manager under the direction of the Country Director, will be responsible for overseeing the development, implementation and management of Sightsavers supported programmes in Cameroon, in line with Sightsavers agreed policies and preferred programme approaches (in particular the principles of scalable demonstration approaches).
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing programme partnerships and supporting programme partners through close collaboration.
- You will be accountable for identifying and contributing to areas of programme growth and development by ensuring the country programme development is based on the best available evidence, and effectively capture and use learning.
- You will also have responsibility for managing and reporting on externally funded projects in accordance with donors’ conditions and in line with Sightsavers grant management policies and procedures.
- The role has an exigent scope and requires substantial experience in programme management and working in partnerships with governmental agencies and civil society organisations.
- You will need to have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience of working in development, ideally in an INGO environment, two years of which must be with line management experience.
- You should have proven coordination, influencing and negotiation skills alongside well-developed analytical, presentation and strategic planning skills.
- The ability to work well with others and build good relations internally and externally will be required.
- A postgraduate degree or similar qualification in public health, community eye health, social sciences, development studies or in related fields is required.
- You must be able to network effectively and represent Sightsavers with a broad range of stakeholders.
- You must be a fluent speaker in both English and French.