Oxfam GB, Yangon, Myanmar
Closing Date for Applications:
Oxfam is a leading International NGO with a worldwide reputation for excellence and over 70 years of experience. It’s not unfortunate that people live in poverty. With enough wealth in this world to go around it’s unjustifiable. It’s not just their problem. It’s ours too. Our humanitarian, development and campaigning projects change lives around the world, and with the right support, we can beat poverty and injustice. Thousands of people already commit their time and talents to our campaigning, humanitarian and long-term development projects. Now we’re looking for yours.
The role: To lead on the design, management and fundraising of Oxfam in Myanmar’s Responsible Investment portfolio as part of the Economic Justice programme.
Generous leave entitlement
- Lead the development and implementation of Oxfam’s Responsible Investment programme – including the development of new funding proposals as and when required. The overall budget responsibility will be around 500,000 GBP per year).
- Ensure that all Responsible Investment projects are informed by conflict analysis and are conflict sensitive.
- Work closely with civil society partners, ensuring that the programme strengthen national civil society capacity in appropriate ways – especially with regards to responsible investment, advocacy, conflict sensitivity and gender
- Develop and maintain high quality relationships and partnerships with relevant civil society, private sector and government actors
- Work closely with Oxfam strategic partners and key allies to provide appropriate advocacy and private sector engagement support in collaboration with Director of Advocacy and Communications, Advocacy Manager and Private Sector advisor, and other members of the EJ team
- Work closely with Director of Advocacy and Communications, Advocacy Manager and Private Sector Advisor to monitor trends and support development of analysis on responsible investment
- Mainstream gender into all programmes, to ensure that women’s transformative leadership develops through the programme and that women’s rights are central to the programme design
- Directly line-manage and performance manage the Responsible Investment Project officer, in line with Oxfam standards
- Ensure that project staff have the necessary skills and knowledge to engage with private sector and on responsible investment issues
- Direct responsibility for financial management of the Responsible Investment portfolio; ensure compliance with Oxfam policies and procedures and minimize risk in financial and contractual obligations
- With support from the Programme Quality team, engage in and ensure routine and good quality MEAL of all projects under Responsible Investment
- Maintain donor relations and ensure donor reports are submitted on time and to high standard
- Keep all projects up-to-date in OPAL
- Develop quarterly communications stories on responsible investment challenges, beneficiaries’ experiences and project impacts
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Relevant degree in social science, economics, development or related subjects.
- At least 5 years’ experience in programme management and implementation (incl MEAL), and particularly in programmes related to responsible investment and conflict settings (at least one year in an ASEAN country)
- Proven thematic experience in private sector engagement, responsible investment, civil society engagement and conflict sensitivity.
- Understanding and work experience relating to the role of business in respecting human rights and alleviating poverty
- Expertise in engaging with communities and power holders in conflict settings
- Experience of working with and developing capacity of local partners and CSOs
- Proven experience in managing and coaching of staff
- Willingness and time to travel and work in the field
- Excellent representational and communication skills; sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to work in wise variety of cultural contexts Experience in Myanmar is preferable.