Programme Monitoring Consultant
Child Protection Specialist, Libya
Closing Date for Applications:
The basic objective of the Consultant is to assist UNICEF Libya to review its programme monitoring framework to ensure (a) quality programme oversight, (b) strengthen the capacity of partner organizations to build their monitoring capacity and harmonize monitoring quality standards between partners, and (c) support the full roll out of Accountability to Affected Populations framework.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review the current tools, monitoring, and Accountability to Affected Populations framework.
- Review key programme monitoring approaches and Accountability to the Affected Populations frameworks used by UN agencies, large NGOs and UNICEF partners in Libya.
- Suggest a strategy to UNICEF Libya on how to improve programme monitoring and suitable tools to use in the monitoring.
- Propose a monitoring framework to be used by the partners.
- Propose Improved Accountably to Affected Populations framework to be applied by UNICEF in Libya building on the work done by the other UN agencies.
- Build the capacity of the UNICEF monitoring team (third party consultants and UNICEF national staff).
- Support the UNICEF programme monitoring associate (GS6) to roll out the new monitoring and Accountability to Beneficiaries framework and help address any issues that may arise.
- Support the programme monitoring associate to liaise with donor third party monitors and ensure that there is a clear and smooth process of cooperation and coordination.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced Degree in Social, Political, or Medical Sciences and other relevant subjects.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in direct programme management with international NGOs in the areas of health, education, water and sanitation and child protection.
- Work experience with UN agencies will be an advantage.
- Understanding of the programme implementation cycle with a strong monitoring and evaluation background.
- Work experience in the North African context (especially Libya) will be an asset.
- Fluency in written and verbal English is required.
- Essential competencies required: Working with People, Drive for Results and Communication in addition to excellent planning and organizational skills.