Programme Officer – Gender Justice
OXFAM India, Lucknow, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Scope of Position
In line with Oxfam’s strategic plans and policy guidelines, to work under the leadership of the Regional Manager in planning, implementing and monitoring agreed objectives / issues with Oxfam partners, addressing issues of Ending Violence Against Women. Participate in and contribute to the development of wider institutional strategy.
- To support large funded programme /projects and the relevant partners at the state level for addressing issues of violence against women and girls within private spaces through regular visits and undertake project appraisal, monitoring, evaluation, including financial monitoring.
- To support the Gender Justice team of Oxfam India in establishing links between micro-level project work, state level policies and macro policy and practice environment.
- To ensure minimum organisational standards in programme quality and programme reporting for back donors.
- To undertake specific research and policy analysis exercise for programme development and influencing on the theme of ending violence against women and girls and effectively communicate it in various forums and to mass-media.
- To design, plan and execute state level influencing work, in line with the national campaign/guidelines/strategy, on both policy and social norm change with a variety of relevant stakeholders as and when appropriate.
- To lead and contribute to the implementation of a campaign on domestic violence for influencing a variety of stakeholders in the state and nationally.
- To liaise with appropriate government officials, donor agencies, state level organisations and other relevant bodies as necessary.
- To lead and contribute to the development of quality proposals for the development of gender justice portfolio both nationally as well as for the state.
- To lead and contribute in gender mainstreaming at regional level and partner’s programme by ensuring quality inputs on all partner proposal, PAM process and by making visits to programmes.
- To actively participate in and contribute to all team processes leading to programme development, management and effective functioning of the team s/he is part of.
- To contribute to the regional team goal by working effectively as a team player adopting collaborative & consultative ways of working
- Implement Oxfam’s Gender Policies.
Skill and Competence
- Bachelors in Social Science qualification or equivalent and substantial working experience of at least 6 years addressing issues of gender discrimination, Violence against women and poverty, out of which minimum two years should have been with a grassroots development organisation.
- Good understanding of gender and diversity issues in North India.
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual and writing skills.
- Proven track record of achieving results of project management, development and financial management
- Experience of capacity building and training of civil society organisations
- Proven ability in social research and macro policy analysis
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and flexible in demanding situations.
- Experience in policy advocacy and lobbying with government on policy issues
- Proven track record of achieving results which includes management of projects, partners and finance.
- Good written and spoken English and Hindi is essential.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and actions.
- I.T. skills.
- Physical fitness for travel and a willingness for sustained fieldwork.