United Nations , Vienna, Austria
Closing Date for Applications:
This position is located in the Business Process Reengineering and Change Management (BPRCM) team, under the Division for Management (DM), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV) / United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), in Vienna, Austria. The Programme Officer (ERP Functional Expert - Supply Chain/Procurement/Property Management and Change Management) will report to the Programme Management Officer (Umoja/ERP Project team) and work under the overall guidance of the Senior Programme Coordinator (Senior Business Transformation and Change Management Coordinator), who also acts as the Officer-in-Charge of the General Support Section (GSS) on supply chain, procurement and property management related issues.
- Within assigned authority, the incumbent will provide support the deployment of the Umoja Extension 2 – Supply Chain Management – Demand Planning Solution and provide technical and functional support to the Secretariat’s Enterprise Resource Planning platform (Umoja) and its continuous improvement initiatives being introduced at UNOV/UNODC. S/he will support various other internal change management initiatives, particularly related to the supply chain management area, including procurement and property management, thus improving and transforming the provision of services to clients, having a direct impact on operational activities of UNOV/ UNODC in Vienna, Field Offices and other Vienna based UN Secretariat offices.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Act as the deputy to the deployment lead for the deployment of the Umoja Extension 2 – Supply Chain Management – Demand Planning Solution at UNOV/UNODC, including its field offices.
- Act as the UNOV/UNODC process expert for Umoja foundation and extension 1 (UE1) functionality related to Procurement and Property Management.
- Act as the Umoja interlocutor of OSCM/DOS and EPRSD/DMSPC regarding improvements to the Umoja solution, integration and technical issues in the area of supply chain management, particularly regarding procurement and property management.
- Provide guidance and support to UNOV/UNODC end-users, process owners local process experts (LPEs) and clients by analysing issues related to Umoja supply chain, procurement and property management functionality.
- Keep local process experts (LPEs), Divisional and Field Office Focal Points informed of all the new processes related to Umoja and provide guidance on the procedures relating to Procurement, Property Management and any other related cross functional UE2 processes.
- Build repository of common technical Umoja issues, diagnostics and solutions for repetitive technical issues which can be avoided.
- Provide guidance to Security Liaison Officers (SLO) and SLO focal points on user provisioning of Umoja roles and address any irregularities.
- Support change management initiatives related to the ongoing maintenance of UNOV/UNODC’s Client Support Portal (CSP) relating to Umoja Procurement, Property Management, User Access Provisioning, Master Data Management as well as Delegation of Authority.
- Act as Organisational focal point for UNBI Supply Chain Management taskforce, providing inputs and recommendations on Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports.
- Lead the set-up of a modern property management function covering all global UNOV/UNODC presences and including various types of UN property and necessary tasks in the real estate module of Umoja.
- Actively support the development of dashboards by leveraging information available from the Umoja system.
- Development and refinement of online training materials as required.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Has knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to procurement, property and supply chain management. Has knowledge of procurement and property management policies, practices and procedures and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Has had some exposure to conference and event management. Is able to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Is able to conduct data collection using various methods. Has conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis. Is able to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Actively seeks to improve programmes or services. Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs. Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas. Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks "outside the box." Takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things. Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Advanced university degree (Master degree or equivalent) in business administration, public administration, management, finance, procurement, supply chain management or a related field, is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in supply chain management, logistics execution, finance, procurement, property management, administration or related field is required.
- Work experience in an analytical role especially in supporting the technical functionality of an ERP system is required.
- Experience in the implementation of an Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) initiative is required.
- Experience with a change management project is desirable.
- Work experience within the United Nations system or a similar international organization is desirable.
- Working experience with the Financial Regulations and Rules of the United Nations or a similar international organization is desirable.
- Experience with databases, SharePoint, or document management systems is desirable.
- Working experience with the United Nations Secretariat ERP system “Umoja” is desirable.
- Experience in developing and conducting training in the supply chain area, procurement and other cross functional processes is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English, i.e. oral and written proficiency, is required. Knowledge of other United Nations official languages is an advantage.