World Food Programme, Panama
Closing Date for Applications:
In the case of WFP in Latin America and the Caribbean (RBP) enhanced M&R capacities still need further consolidation. M&R functions of the RAM (research, assessment and monitoring) team include: The provision of advocacy/strategic support in terms of M&R, Enhanced M&R frameworks and capacities , Facilitation of M&R related Learning and Innovation (RBP COs), Enhance Results Reporting on RBP activities and Support provision in RBP region related to its Review function.
To adequately fulfil its mandate, the Research, Assessment and Monitoring team is currently looking for a resource to fill the position of National Monitoring and Review Officer.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support Country Offices (CO) excellence in M&R, including by a) ensuring compliance with corporate rules, regulations and standards, b) facilitating periodic oversight exercises and providing recommendations to CO management, c) facilitating the roll-out of corporate strategies, guidance and processes related to M&R.
- Support improved evidence generation regionally, including through assisting COs to design and/or implement MRE (Monitoring, review and evaluation) strategies and plans; supporting with thematic studies and research.
- Act as regional focal point for, and provide assistance for, CO users of the corporate project management and reporting system (COMET).
- Facilitate the regular follow up, extraction and analysis of monitoring and operational data from corporate project management systems (COMET), with the aim to improve its use and usefulness, including through the use of advanced visualization software and techniques.
- Supporting the annual performance planning and review exercises in the RB and in country offices, elaboration and analysis of corporate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to the area of M&E.
- Conducting periodic exercises to monitor the implementation.
- Support COs in conducting Mid-Term Reviews .
- Support in compilation and review of M&R sections in project proposals and project documents.
- Other duties as required.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Ability to compile, maintain and analyse data, prepare reports and draw initial conclusions and recommendations;
- Ability to work in a team, and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts;
- Affective and timely interaction with colleagues and concerned parties internally and externally; flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description;
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under supervision;
- Good analytical skills;
- Resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgement, tact, negotiation skills.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in Economics, Nutrition/Public Health, Social Studies, Statistics, Development Studies or other related field or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least three years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring, food security, vulnerability analysis or a closely related area.
- Work experience in monitoring humanitarian and/or development interventions, database management and household data analysis. Experience in monitoring, food security, vulnerability and livelihood analysis, needs assessments an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Good knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, Stata, SAS, Excel…).
- Working Knowledge of tableau or similar visualization tools.
- Demonstrated ability to present information and ideas and to communicate effectively
- Track record of producing reports and other communication materials
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SPSS (or other statistical package), Kwoledge of Tableau
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Spanish and English.