PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the position is to coordinate the acquisition and management of resources for the World Vision Lebanon office, key areas of activity include :
Coordinating the acquisition of grants from public and private donors, particularly with research
Providing technical advice and support to ensure consistent quality and compliance amongst existing public and private grants and quality reporting
Supporting engagement of donors and partners, in Lebanon and through World Vision Support offices, to position World Vision Lebanon and support grants acquisition and management
- Lead part of the grants acquisition work of World Vision Lebanon towards achieving the annual income target of the office
- Ensure regular update of donor mapping, donor engagement, and other tools to support resource acquisition at World Vision Lebanon.
- Create, identify and analyze/respond to opportunities to acquire public and private grant funding for World Vision Lebanon providing succinct guidance on eligibility, requirements, timelines and competitiveness.
- Support timely and accurate reporting on pipeline opportunities to support PDQ Compliance Coordinator in National, Regional and Global reporting and income forecasts.
- Lead engagement with an allocation of donors and stakeholders (locally & internationally) and SOs to support the acquisition of grants, including acquisition of match funding, in coordination with the GAM lead
- Carry out data gathering for high quality grants proposal, utilizing participatory processes and build acquisition capacity across World Vision Lebanon.
- Lead the development of grants following best practice and World Vision processes including clear Go/No Go recommendations, regional decision-making (RAGA) and bid timelines, in coordination with Support Offices when needed.
- Support the development of capacity statements, project profiles and other GAM Material that support promotion of World Vision Lebanon’s work.
- Provide support to operations (area managers, program managers) with technical advice on nationwide programming updates and donor funding schemes.
- Ensure the integration of technical programs with field operational needs during the acquisition process.
Support the management of individual grants within the World Vision Lebanon grants portfolio – including private and public funding sources
- Ensure the development of Detailed Implementation Plans (DIP), Indicator Tracking Tables (ITTs), Cash Flow Budgets and other tools such as process maps/flows to support the management of World Vision Lebanon grants.
- Support the development of grant reports, in consultation with donors and/or Support Offices and in coordination with the field operations unit.
- Support the development of grants amendments requests, in consultation with donors and/or Support Offices and in coordination with the field operations unit.
- Provide support and to the technical unit and the field operations unit to resolve issues related to the implementation and management of grants, including on aspects related to: 1/ donors’ guidelines and requirements; 2/ timely and efficient implementation of activities to reach set objectives and targets; 3/ effective coordination with stakeholders (including implementing partners and other stakeholders) 4/ providing input to GHT and ensuring action plans and recommendations are followed by the project field team.
- Lead donor and SO engagement relating to grants management.
Perform other duties as required
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager
- Attend and participate in local and international capacity building events as needed
- Attend and participate in spiritual nurture events and other organizational events
- Perform other related tasks as required by the line manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree in a field related to community development work preferably in fields such as sociology, international or political studies, humanitarian law, public health, population studies and others.
- Minimum two years experience working in relevant field (report writing, academic research, international non-governmental work)
- Knowledge of the humanitarian and international development sector
- Experience in working for non-for-profit organizations and the public sector (or relevant job in the private sector such as risk analyst or compliance officer)
- Experience working with several public and private donors
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Syria Crisis and its impact on Lebanon
- Excellent written English, with good command of spoken Arabic and English
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Good research skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with teams and communities
- Required willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster
- Computer literate with a high degree of proficiency and productivity
- Master’s degree in a field related to community development work preferably in fields such as sociology, international or political studies, humanitarian law, public health, population studies and others.
- Previous experience in people’s management
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically (to diverse field locations) and internationally (as need arises) 30% of the time.
- Be prepared to travel to field implementation sites.
- This position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster