International Organization for Migration, Cotabato City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office (HoSo) based in Cotabato City, Philippines and overall supervision by the Chief of Mission (CoM), IOM Philippines and in cooperation with relevant units at the Country Office, the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) and at Headquarters (HQ), the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of projects and/or specific activities within IOM Philippines emergency, recovery, development and stabilization portfolio in Mindanao.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, guide and oversee the overall implementation of projects and/or specific activities in a timely manner, including support for administrative and technical oversight, in line with IOM's policies and practices as well as donor requirements.
- Liaise with relevant interlocutors (including government line ministries, non-government and international stakeholders, and donor representatives) on the implementation of assigned projects and/or specific project activities, in coordination with the HoSo.
- Supervise assigned staff in implementing administrative and budgetary activities in line with IOM’s rules and procedures and in close coordination with the Resource Management Officer.
- Monitor resource utilization for assigned projects and/or specific project activities in accordance with the implementation plan and recommend remedial action and optimization where necessary.
- Contribute to the development of project/program proposals, reports and visibility materials as coordinated with the HoSo to assist with complementing or expanding existing projects and improving IOM’s positioning in Mindanao.
- Participate in any events, initiatives, meetings or other fora that are institutionally and/or programmatically relevant to IOM’s presence and profile in the area of responsibility.
- Compile and update the HoSo on migration issues and emerging trends, and provide inputs for the formulation of strategic priorities in coordination with HoSo, CoM and relevant Regional Thematic Specialists.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Migration Policy, International Development, International Relations, Political or Social Science, Law, Public Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience and proven skills in working on at least one of the following areas: migration governance both at policy and operational levels, specifically in the areas of internal management, migrant integration, migrant protection and assistance labour migration and human development, and disaster preparedness and response;
- Knowledge of international policies, strategies and frameworks on migration management;
- Experience in evidence-based policy making using, for example, census data, national survey, population statistics, etc.;
- Experience in working in and/or knowledge of IOM’s Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) is desirable;
- Experience in project management, planning and implementation, research and policy formulation;
- Experience in liaison with governmental authorities as well as with national and international research institutions;
- Previous experience with IOM in the Philippines and in Mindanao is an asset.
- Excellent drafting, communication, negotiation and public speaking skills; solid diplomatic skills;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, train and motivate staff in a multicultural team environment;
- Good level of computer literacy.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.