KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primarily, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
Situation Monitoring and data management:
Provide technical support to ensure that the Field Office and sub-national partners have timely and accurate measurement of change in conditions in the division, including monitoring of socio-economic trends and the country’s wider policy, economic or institutional context, to facilitate planning and to draw conclusions about the impact of programmes or policies.
Duties & Tasks
- In coordination with other stakeholders, support the collection of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) indicators (through MICS or other surveys) to improve integrated divisional planning.
- Support management of available baseline information on divisional statistics and key indicators through established databases for easy access and use. Prepare divisional level statistical reports on the status of children’s and women’s human rights issues, and provide a technical support to global reporting obligations including national reports on progress toward the SDGs, toward CRC fulfilment, and toward CEDAW fulfilment.
- Keep monitoring the situation of children’s and women’s rights with sub-national partners and keep updated with the information of the quality research that address issues and challenges affecting children and their families.
- Coordinate with the Field Office and partners and provide assistance in their using up-to-date information in, inter alia, Situation Analysis, Common Country Assessment, Early Warning Monitoring Systems, Annual Reviews, Mid-Term Reviews, and Annual Reports or other progress reports.
Planning and coordination:
- Support sectoral officers when developing bottom-up district and divisional plans ensuring quality control, standardization and convergence. Ensure that field level plans influence national level sectoral plans. Trigger complementarity, synergy and convergence entry points when developing implementation plans and establish a systematic monitoring framework.
- Cross sectoral programmes: Support CFO for coordinating and monitoring emergent cross-sectoral issues: Child Marriage, climate change, DRR, Urban etc.
- Support CFOs in conducting quality control of field missions. Support CFO on compilation and quality control of other planning and management requests. Coordination annual report and annual review meetings in support of CFO.
Programme performance monitoring: Provide technical support to ensure that the Field Office has quality information to assess progress towards expected results established in annual work plans.
Duties & Tasks
- Provide technical support as necessary to identifying and adjusting a set of programme performance indicators, in the context of the Rolling Field Management Plan and Rolling Divisional Work Plans, as outlined in the CPD.
- Provide technical support to ensure that monitoring system are in place and that key annual programme indicators are tracked and analysed, including those related to partnerships initiative, and provided regularly to the Field Management Team to guide programme and management decisions.
- Carry out data collection and analysis from field visits, standardising them across programmes, to feed into to programme performance monitoring.
- Keep tracking of follow-up action based on management decisions resulting from Field Office performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Compile monitoring and evaluation information/data, and make them available to programme/planning sections. Contribute to the preparation of management reports (e.g., relevant sections of the annual reports), drawing on monitoring and analysis of key management indicators. Assist in the preparation of reports on systemic issues, good practices or any other analysis or data related to programme implementation and/or evaluation, including programme’s performance, relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability; as well as good practices in partnerships and collaborative relationships.
P&M Capacity Building
Provide technical support to ensure that the Planning and monitoring capacities of Field Office staff and Sub-national partners – government and civil society – are strengthened enabling them to increasingly engage in and lead bottom-up-planning and monitoring..
Duties & Tasks
Overall implementation of data management, planning and monitoring capacity building strategy for sub-national partners and institutions and corresponding activities for implementation in the context of the CPD. Provide technical support for implementation of capacity building strategies as a joint commitment with other developmental partners.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES ( [ ] indicates the level of proficiency required for the job.)
Education: University degree in social sciences, development planning, planning, evaluation, survey implementation, advanced statistical research.
- Professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities as follows:
- Two years of relevant professional work experience. Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO)
- At least one instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning. Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred..
Language Proficiency: Fluency in English and another UN language. Additional language(s) an asset.
Competency Profile (For details on competencies please refer to UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles.)
Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [ I ]
- Working with People[ II ]
- Drive for Result [ I ]
Functional Competencies (Required)
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ]
- Analyzing [ II ] • Applying Technical Expertise [ II ]
- Planning and Organizing [ II ]
Specific Technical Knowledge Required (for the job) (Technical knowledge requirements specific to the job can be added here as required.)
- Knowledge of Project and Activity Evaluation.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Data Collection
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Evaluation Process Management, Follow-up on Recommendations and Dissemination of M&E results.
Common Technical Knowledge Required (for the job group)
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in demography, statistics, and data management.
- Methodology of M&E, theories, standards and models, quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods, validity/reliability testing of data, data analysis and interpretation, and statistical inference methods.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Activity Monitoring & Evaluation, Evaluation Design, data analysis, and reporting.
- Gender equality and diversity awareness
Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)
- Knowledge/expertise of best practices, lessons learned and communication.
- Understanding of UNICEF’s policies and procedures for programming, monitoring and evaluation guidelines.
- Latest programme monitoring and evaluation theory, methodology, technology and tools.
- Understanding of UN Mission and system; and International Code of Conduct.
- Understanding of UNICEF Mission Statement and observance of UNICEF Guiding Principles. UNICEF strategic framework for partnerships and collaborative relationships.