The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Afghan Displacement Solutions Platform is a joint initiative launched by the Danish Refugee Council, International Rescue Committee, Norwegian Refugee Council and Relief International, which aims to contribute to the development of comprehensive solutions for displaced Afghans. Drawing upon its members’ operational presence in the region, the ADSP engages in constructive dialogue and evidence-based advocacy initiatives, in order to support improved outcomes for displaced Afghans, with a focus on the development of innovative, transitional solutions to the challenges posed by displacement.
The ADSP is looking for an officer who can support its work. The Officer will be responsible for a wide range of varied tasks including leading on ADSP training activities; supporting learning and knowledge dissemination events; ensuring all activities are conducted in compliance with donor and DRC regulations; and representing ADSP in external meetings. This is a role for someone with previous experience of project implementation, and an understanding of migration and displacement, and of humanitarian and development programming.
- Leading ADSP’s training activities for national NGOs and government partners. Trainings are conducted in Dari and Pashto, and the Officer is expected to have working fluency in both languages.
- Support the ADSP Coordinator and Specialist by facilitating ADSP research and data collection activities. This includes supporting the procurement process, the logistics and the implementation of the activities themselves.
- Support the planning, implementation and analysis of ADSP research and data collection activities, ensuring that all ADSP-produced products are accurate and of a high quality
- Support the production, design and dissemination of ADSP research products
- Support the organisation and facilitation of ADSP meetings, technical workshops, and learning events
- Act as communications focal point, ensuring that ADSP members are regularly provided with high quality and informative communications products and, where necessary, finding innovative ways to disseminate ADSP’s activities to a broad audience
- Monitor the publication and dissemination of research relating to solutions for Afghan refugees and ensure that the publication catalogue and website are regularly updated
- Provide translation support into both Dari and Pashto for ADSP materials. Knowledge of technical terms related to displacement is essential
- Working with the ADSP Coordinator and Specialist, provide administrative and logistical support
- Provide support to ADSP members as required in order to further the aims of the ADSP
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- University degree essential, masters degree preferred
- Minimum of three years working with International NGOs
- Understanding of displacement-related issue is essential. Previous knowledge of humanitarian and development programming is highly preferred.
- Previous experience of conducting trainings is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills are essential. Fluent written and spoken English and an ability to speak Dari and Pashto sufficiently to conduct trainings is absolutely essential and will be examined in the interview.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to respect deadlines is a requirement
- A keen sense of interest and a willingness to work hard are essential to success in this role, and may lead to promotion
- Bachelor Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Dari – written and spoken
- Pashto – written and spoken
- English – written and spoken – a high level of fluency required